Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 am|| |
victim) be of a people hostile unto you, and he is a believer, then (the penance is) to set free a believing slave. And if
he cometh of a folk between whom and you there is a covenant, then the blood money must be paid unto his folk and
(also) a believing slave must be set free. And whoso hath not the wherewithal must fast two consecutive months. A
penance from Allah. Allah is Knower, Wise.
93. Whoso slayeth a believer of set purpose, his reward is Hell for ever. Allah is wroth against him and He hath cursed
him and prepared for him an awful doom.
94. O ye who believe! When ye go forth (to fight) in the way of Allah, be careful to discriminate, and say not unto one
who offereth you peace: "Thou are not a believer;" seeking the chance profits of this life (so that ye may despoil him).
With Allah are plenteous spoils. Even thus (as he now is) were ye before; but Allah hath since then been gracious unto
you. Therefore take care to discriminate. Allah is ever informed of what ye do.
95. Those of the believers who sit still, other than those who have a (disabling) hurt, are not on an equality with those
who strive in the way of Allah with their wealth and lives. Allah hath conferred on those who strive with their wealth
and lives a rank above the sedentary. Unto each Allah hath promised good, but He hath bestowed on those who strive
a great reward above the sedentary;
96. Degrees of rank from Him, and forgiveness and mercy. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
97. Lo! as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they wrong themselves, (the angels) will ask: In what were
ye engaged? They will say : We were oppressed in the land. (The angels) will say: Was not Allah's earth spacious that
ye could have migrated therein? As for such, their habitation will be hell, an evil journey's end;
98. Except the feeble among men, and the women, and the children, who are unable to devise a plan and are not shown
99. As for such, it may be that Allah will pardon them. Allah is ever Clement, Forgiving.
100. Whoso migrateth for the cause of Allah will find much refuge and abundance in the earth, and whoso forsaketh
his home, a fugitive unto Allah and His messenger, and death overtaketh him, his reward is then incumbent on Allah.
Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
101. And when ye go forth in the land, it is no sin for you to curtail (your) worship if ye fear that those who disbelieve
may attack you. In truth the disbelievers are an open enemy to you.
102. And when thou (O Muhammad) art among them and arrangest (their) worship for them, let only a party of them
stand with thee (to worship) and let them take their arms. Then when they have performed their prostrations let them
fall to the rear and let another party come that hath not worshipped and let them worship with thee, and let them take
their precaution and their arms. Those who disbelieve long for you to neglect your arms and your baggage that they may
attack you once for all. It is no sin for you to lay aside your arms, if rain impedeth you or ye are sick. But take your
precaution. Lo! Allah prepareth for the disbelievers shameful punishment.
103. When ye have performed the act of worship, remember Allah, standing, sitting and reclining. And when ye are in
safety, observe proper worship. Worship at fixed hours hath been enjoined on the believers.
104. Relent not in pursuit of the enemy. If ye are suffering, lo! they suffer even as ye suffer and ye hope from Allah
that for which they cannot hope. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.
105. Lo! We reveal unto thee the Scripture with the truth, that thou mayst judge between mankind by that which Allah
showeth thee. And be not thou a pleader for the treacherous;
106. And seek forgiveness of Allah. Lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
107. And plead not on behalf of (people) who deceive themselves. Lo! Allah loveth not one who is treacherous and
108. They seek to hide from men and seek not to hide from Allah. He is with them when by night they hold discourse
displeasing unto Him. Allah ever surroundeth what they do.
109. Lo! ye are they who pleaded for them in the life of the world. But who will plead with Allah for them on the Day
of Resurrection, or who will then be their defender?
110. Yet whoso doeth evil or wrongeth his own soul, then seeketh pardon of Allah, will find Allah Forgiving, Merciful.
111. Whoso committeth sin committeth it only against himself. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.
112. And whoso committeth a delinquency or crime, then throweth (the blame) thereof upon the innocent, hath
burdened himself with falsehood and a flagrant crime.
113. But for the grace of Allah upon thee (Muhammad), and His mercy, a party of them had resolved to mislead thee,
but they will mislead only themselves and they will hurt thee not at all. Allah revealeth unto thee the Scripture and
wisdom, and teacheth thee that which thou knewest not. The grace of Allah toward thee hath been infinite.
114. There is no good in much of their secret conferences save (in) him who enjoineth alms giving and kindness and
peace making among the people. Whoso doeth that, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall bestow on him a vast
115. And whoso opposeth the messenger after the guidance (of Allah) hath been manifested unto him, and followeth
other than the believer's way, We appoint for him that unto which he himself hath turned, and expose him unto hell a
hapless journey's end!
116. Lo! Allah pardoneth not that partners should be ascribed unto him. He pardoneth all save that to whom He will.
Whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah hath wandered far astray.
117. They invoke in His stead only females; they pray to none else than Satan, a rebel
118. Whom Allah cursed, and he said: Surely I will take of Thy bondmen an appointed portion,
119. And surely I will lead them astray, and surely I will arouse desires in them, and surely I will command them and
they will cut the cattle's ears, and surely I will command them and they will change Allah's creation. Whoso chooseth
Satan for a patron instead of Allah is verily a loser and his loss is manifest.
120. He promiseth them and stirreth up desires in them, and Satan promiseth them only to beguile.
121. For such, their habitation will be hell, and they will find no refuge therefrom.
122. But as for those who believe and do good works We shall bring them into gardens underneath which rivers flow,
wherein they will abide for ever. It is a promise from Allah in truth ; and who can be more truthful than Allah in
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 am|| |
123. It will not be in accordance with your desires, nor the desires of the People of the Scripture. He who doeth wrong
will have the recompense thereof, and will not find against Allah any protecting friend or helper.
124. And whoso doeth good works, whether of male or female, and he (or she) is a believer, such will enter paradise
and they will not be wronged the dint in a date stone.
125. Who is better in religion than he who surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good (to men) and followeth
the tradition of Abraham, the upright? Allah (Himself) chose Abraham for friend.
126. Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Allah ever surroundeth all things.
127. They consult thee concerning women. Say: Allah give to you decree concerning them, and the Scripture which
hath been recited unto you (giveth decree), concerning female orphans unto whom ye give not that which is ordained
for them though ye desire to marry them, and (concerning) the weak among children, and that ye should deal justly with
orphans. Whatever good ye do, lo! Allah is ever Aware of it.
128. If a woman feareth ill treatment from her husband, or desertion, it is no sin for them twain if they make terms of
peace between themselves. Peace is better. But greed hath been made present in the minds (of men). If ye do good and
keep from evil, Lo! Allah is ever Informed of what ye do.
129. Ye will not be able to deal equally between (your) wives, however much ye wish (to do so): But turn not altogether
away (from one), leaving her as in suspense. If ye do good and keep from evil, lo! Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
130. But if they separate, Allah will compensate each out of His abundance. Allah is ever All Embracing, All Knowing.
131. Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth And We charged those who
received the Scripture before you, and (We charge) you, that ye keep your duty toward Allah. And if ye disbelieve, lo!
unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and Allah is ever Absolute, Owner
132. Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as
133. If He will, He can remove you, O people, and produce others (in your stead) . Allah is Able to do that.
134. Whoso desireth the reward of the world, (let him know that) with Allah is the reward of the world and the
Hereafter. Allah is ever Hearer, Seer.
135. O ye who believe ! Be ye staunch in justice, witnesses for Allah, even though it be against yourselves or (your)
parents or (your) kindred, whether (the case be of) a rich man or a poor man, for Allah is nearer unto both (than ye are)
. So follow not passion lest ye lapse ( from truth ) and if ye lapse or fall away, then lo! Allah is ever Informed of what
136. O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His messenger and the Scripture which He hath revealed unto His
messenger, and the Scripture which He revealed aforetime. Whoso disbelieveth in Allah and His angels and His
scriptures and His messengers and the Last Day, he verily hath wandered far astray.
137. Lo! those who believe, then disbelieve and then (again) believe, then disbelieve, and then increase in disbelief,
Allah will never pardon them, nor will He guide them unto a way.
138. Bear unto the hypocrites the tidings that for them there is a painful doom;
139. Those who choose disbelievers for their friends instead of believers! Do they look for power at their hands? Lo!
all power appertaineth to Allah.
140. He hath already revealed unto you in the Scripture that, when ye hear the revelations of Allah rejected and derided,
(ye) sit not with them (who disbelieve and mock) until they engage in some other conversation. Lo ! in that case (if
ye stayed) ye would be like unto them. Lo! Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers, all together, into hell;
141. Those who wait upon occasion in regard to you and, if a victory cometh unto you from Allah, say: Are we not with
you? and if the disbelievers meet with a success say: Had we not the mastery of you, and did we not protect you from
the believers? Allah will judge between you at the Day of Resurrection, and Allah will not give the disbelievers any way
(of success) against the believers.
142. Lo! the hypocrites seek to beguile Allah, but it is Allah who beguileth them. When they stand up to worship they
perform it languidly and to be seen of men, and are mindful of Allah but little;
143. Swaying between this (and that) , (belonging) neither to these nor to those. He whom Allah causeth to go astray,
thou (O Muhammad) wilt not find a way for him:
144. O ye who believe! Choose not disbelievers for (your) friends in place of believers. Would ye give Allah a clear
warrant against you?
145. Lo! the hypocrites (will be) in the lowest deep of the fire, and thou wilt find no helper for them;
146. Save those who repent and amend and hold fast to Allah and make their religion pure for Allah (only). Those are
with the believers. And Allah will bestow on the believers an immense reward.
147. What concern hath Allah for your punishment if ye are thankful (for His mercies) and believe (in Him)? Allah
was ever Responsive, Aware.
148. Allah loveth not the utterance of harsh speech save by one who hath been wronged. Allah is ever Nearer, Knower.
149. If ye do good openly or keep it secret, or forgive evil, lo ! Allah is Forgiving, Powerful.
150. Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His
messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between;
151. Such are disbelievers in truth; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom.
152. But those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of them, unto them Allah
will give their wages; and Allah was ever Forgiving, Merciful.
153. The People of the Scripture ask of thee that thou shouldst cause an (actual) Book to descend upon them from
heaven. They asked a greater thing of Moses aforetime, for they said: Show us Allah plainly. The storm of lightning
seized them for their wickedness. Then (even after that) they chose the calf (for worship) after clear proofs (of Allah's
Sovereignty) had come unto them. And We forgave them that! And We bestowed on Moses evident authority.
154. And We caused the Mount to tower above them at (the taking of) their covenant: and We bade them: Enter the
gate, prostrate! and we bade them : Transgress not the Sabbath! and We took from them a firm covenant.
155. Then because of their breaking of their covenant, and their disbelieving in the revelations of Allah, and their
slaying of the Prophets wrongfully, and their saying: Our hearts are hardened Nay, but Allah hath set a seal upon them
for their disbelief, so that they believe not save a few
156. And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;
157. And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger They slew him not nor
crucified, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no
knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture ; they slew him not for certain,
158. But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, wise.
159. There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of
Resurrection he will be a witness against them
160. Because of the wrongdoing of the Jews We forbade them good things which were (before) made lawful unto them,
and because of their much hindering from Allah's way,
161. And of their taking usury when they were forbidden it, and of their devouring people's wealth by false pretences.
We have prepared for those of them who disbelieve a painful doom.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:12 am|| |
162. But those of them who are firm in knowledge and the believers believe in that which is revealed unto thee, and
that which was revealed before thee, especially the diligent in prayer and those who pay the poor due, the believers in
Allah and the Last Day. Upon these We shall bestow immense reward.
163. Lo! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and
Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as we imparted unto David the
164. And messengers We have mentioned unto thee before and messengers We have not mentioned unto thee; and
Allah spake directly unto Moses;
165. Messengers of good cheer and off warning, in order that mankind might have no argument against Allah after the
messengers. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.
166. But Allah (Himself) testifieth concerning that which He hath revealed unto thee; in His knowledge hath He
revealed it; and the Angels also testify. And Allah is sufficient witness.
167. Lo! those who disbelieve and hinder (others) from the way of Allah, they verily have wandered far astray.
168. Lo! those who disbelieve and deal in wrong, Allah will never forgive them, neither will He guide them unto a road.
169. Except the road of hell, wherein they will abide for ever. And that is ever easy for Allah.
170. O mankind! The messenger hath come unto you with the truth from your Lord. Therefor believe; ( it is) better for
you. But if ye disbelieve, still, lo! unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Allah is ever
171. O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The
Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit
from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three". Cease! (it is) better for you! Allah is only One
God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that he should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all
that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.
172. The Messiah will never scorn to be a slave unto Allah, nor will the favoured angels. Whoso scorneth His service
and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him;
173. Then, as for those who believed and did good works, unto them will He pay their wages in full, adding unto them
of His bounty; and as for those who were scornful and proud, them will He punish with a painful doom.
174. And they will not find for them, against Allah, any protecting friend or helper.
175. O mankind! Now hath a proof from your Lord come unto you, and We have sent down unto you a clear light;
176. As for those who believe in Allah, and hold fast unto Him, them He will cause to enter into His mercy and grace,
and will guide them unto Him by a straight road.
177. They ask thee for a pronouncement. Say: Allah hath pronounced for you concerning distant kindred. If a man die
childless and he have a sister, hers is half the heritage, and he would have inherited from her had she died childless.
And if there be two sisters, then theirs are two-thirds of the heritage, and if they be brethren, men and women, unto the
male is the equivalent of the share of two females. Allah expoundeth unto you, so that ye err not. Allah is Knower of
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:13 am|| |
Surah 5. Al-Maidah
1. O ye who believe! Fulfil your undertakings. The beast of cattle is made lawful unto you (for food) except that which
is announced unto you (herein), game being unlawful when ye are on pilgrimage. Lo! Allah ordaineth that which
2. O ye who believe! Profane not Allah's monuments nor the Sacred Month nor the offerings nor the garlands, nor those
repairing to the Sacred House, seeking the grace and pleasure of Allah. But when ye have left the sacred territory, then
go hunting (if ye will). And let not your hatred of a folk who (once) stopped your going to the Inviolable Place of
Worship seduce you to transgress; but help ye one another unto righteousness and pious duty. Help not one another
unto sin and transgression, but keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is severe in punishment.
3. Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swine flesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any
other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that
which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by
the death stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining
arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear
them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen
for you as religion AL- ISLAM. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving,
4. They ask thee (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say : ( all ) good things are made lawful for you. And
those beasts and birds of prey which ye have trained as hounds are trained, ye teach them that which Allah taught you;
so eat of that which they catch for you and mention Allah's name upon it, and observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is
swift to take account.
5. This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for
you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those
who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their marriage portions and live with them
in honour, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. Whoso denieth the faith, his work is vain and he
will be among the losers in the Hereafter.
6. O ye who believe! When ye rise up for prayer, wash your face, and your hands up to the elbows, and lightly rub your
heads and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey,
or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high
ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it. Allah would not place a burden on you, but He would purify
you and would perfect His grace upon you, that ye may give thanks.
7. Remember Allah's grace upon you and His covenant by which He bound you when ye said: We hear and we obey;
and keep your duty to Allah. Allah knoweth what is in the breasts (of men).
8. O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal
not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.
9. Allah hath promised those who believe and do good works: Theirs will be forgiveness and immense reward.
10. And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.
11. O ye who believe! Remember Allah's favour unto you, how a people were minded to stretch out their hands against
you but He withheld their hands from you; and keep your duty to Allah. In Allah let believers put their trust.
12. Allah made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We raised among them twelve chieftains: and Allah
said: Lo! I am with you. If ye establish worship and pay the poor due, and believe in My messengers and support them,
and lend unto Allah a kindly loan, surely I shall remit your sins, and surely I shall bring you into gardens underneath
which rivers flow. Whoso among you disbelieveth after this will go astray from a plain road.
13. And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words
from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery
from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.
14. And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians," We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they
were admonished. Therefor We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah
will inform them of their handiwork.
15. O people of the Scripture! Now hath Our messenger come unto you, expounding unto you much of that which ye
used to hide in the Scripture, and forgiving much. Now hath come unto you light from Allah and a plain Scripture
16. Whereby Allah guideth him who seeketh His good pleasure unto paths of peace. He bringeth them out of darkness
unto light by His decree, and guideth them unto a straight path.
17. They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say : Who then can do aught against
Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth? Allah's is the
Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He createth what He will. And Allah is Able to
do all things.
18. The Jews and Christians say: We are sons of Allah and His loved ones. Say; Why then doth He chastise you for your
sins? Nay, ye are but mortals of His creating. He forgiveth whom He will, and chastiseth whom He will. Allah's is the
Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and unto Him is the journeying.
19. O people of the Scripture! Now hath Our messenger come unto you to make things plain after an interval (of
cessation) of the messengers, lest ye should say: There came not unto us a messenger of cheer nor any warner. Now
hath a messenger of cheer and a warner come unto you. Allah is Able to do all things.
20. And (remember) when Moses said unto his people: O my people ! Remember Allah's favour unto you, how He
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am|| |
placed among you Prophets, and He made you Kings, and gave you that (which) He gave not to any (other) of (His)
21. O my people! Go into the holy land which Allah hath ordained for you. Turn not in flight, for surely ye turn back
22. They said: O Moses! Lo! a giant people (dwell) therein, and lo! we go not in till they go forth from thence. When
they go forth, then we will enter (not till then).
23. Then outspake two of those who feared (their Lord, men) unto whom Allah had been gracious: Enter in upon them
by the gate, for if ye enter by it, lo! ye will be victorious. So put your trust (in Allah) if ye are indeed believers.
24. They said: O Moses! We will never enter (the land) while they are in it. So go thou and thy Lord and fight! We will
25. He said: My Lord! I have control of none but myself and my brother, so distinguish between us and the wrongdoing
26. (Their Lord) said: For this the land will surely be forbidden them for forty years that they will. wander in the earth,
bewildered. So grieve not over the wrongdoing folk.
27. But recite unto them with truth the tale of the two sons of Adam, how they offered each a sacrifice, and it was
accepted from the one of them and it was not accepted from the other. (The one) said: I will surely kill thee. (The
other) answered: Allah accepteth only from those who ward off (evil).
28. Even if thou stretch out thy hand against me to kill me, I shall not stretch out my hand against thee to kill thee, lo!
I fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
29. Lo! I would rather thou shouldst bear the punishment of the sin against me and thine own sin and become one of
the owners of the Fire. That is the reward of evil doers.
30. But (the other's) mind imposed on him the killing of his brother, so he slew him and became one of the losers.
31. Then Allah sent a raven scratching up the ground, to show him how to hide his brother's naked corpse. He said: Woe
unto me! Am I not able to be as this raven and so hide my brother's naked corpse? And he became repentant.
32. For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than man
slaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if be had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall
be as if he had: saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's
sovereignty) , but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.
33. The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will
be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out
of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;
34. Save those who repent before ye overpower them. For know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
35. O ye who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah, and seek the way of approach unto Him, and strive in His way
in order that ye may succeed.
36. As for those who disbelieve, lo! if all that is in the were theirs, and as much again therewith, to ransom them from
the doom on the day of Resurrection, it would not be accepted from them. Theirs will be a painful doom.
37. They will wish to come forth from the Fire, but they will not come forth from it. Theirs will be a lasting doom.
38. As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. It is the reward of their own deeds, an exemplary
punishment from Allah. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
39. But whoso repenteth after his wrongdoing and amendeth, lo! Allah will relent toward him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving,
40. Knowest thou not that unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth? He punisheth whom He
will, and forgiveth whom He will. Allah is Able to do all things.
41. O Messenger! Let not them grieve thee who vie one with another in the race to disbelief, of such as say with their
mouths: "We believe," but their hearts believe not, and of the Jews: listeners for the sake of falsehood, listeners on
behalf of other folk who come not unto thee, changing words from their context and saying: If this be given unto you,
receive it but if this be not given unto you, then beware! He whom Allah doometh unto sin, thou (by thine efforts) wilt
avail him naught against Allah. Those are they for whom the will of Allah is that He cleanse not their hearts. Theirs in
the world will be ignominy, and in the Hereafter an awful doom;
42. Listeners for the sake of falsehood! Greedy for illicit gain! If then they have recourse unto thee (Muhammad) judge
between them or disclaim jurisdiction. If thou disclaimest jurisdiction, then they cannot harm thee at all. But if thou
judgest, judge between them with equity. Lo! Allah loveth the equitable.
43. How come they unto thee for judgment when they have the Torah, wherein Allah hath delivered judgment (for
them)? Yet even after that they turn away. Such (folk) are not believers.
44. Lo! We did reveal the Torah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the Prophets who surrendered (unto Allah)
judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the priests (judged) by such of Allah's Scripture as they were bidden to observe,
and thereunto were they witnesses. So fear not mankind, but fear Me. And barter not My revelations for a little gain.
Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are disbelievers.
45. And We prescribed for them therein: The life for the life, and the eye for the eye, and the nose for the nose, and
the ear for the ear, and the tooth for the tooth, and for wounds retaliation. But whoso forgoeth it (in the way of charity)
it shall be expiation for him. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are wrong doers.
46. And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him,
and We bestowed on him the Gospel wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before it
in the Torah a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil).
47. Let the People of the Gospel judge by that which Allah hath revealed therein. Whoso judgeth not by that which
Allah hath revealed; such are evil livers.
48. And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it, and a
watcher over it. So judge between them by that which Allah hath revealed, and follow not their desires away from the
truth which hath come unto thee. For each We have appointed a divine law and a traced out way. Had Allah willed He
could have made you one community. But that He may try you by that which He hath given you (He hath made you as
ye are). So vie one with another in good works. Unto Allah ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that
wherein ye differ.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am|| |
49. So judge between them by that which Allah hath revealed, and follow not their desires, but beware of them lest they
seduce thee from some part of that which Allah hath revealed unto thee. And if they turn away, then know that Allah's
will is to smite them for some sin of theirs. Lo! many of mankind are evil livers.
50. Is it a judgment of the time of (pagan) ignorance that they are seeking? Who is better than Allah for judgment to
a people who have certainty (in their belief)?
51. O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who
taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
52. And thou seest those in whose heart is a disease race toward them, saying: We fear lest a change of fortune befall
us. And it may happen that Allah will vouchsafe (unto thee) the victory, or a commandment from His presence. Then
will they repent of their secret thoughts.
53. Then will the believers say (unto the people of the Scripture): Are these they who swore by Allah their most binding
oaths that they were surely with you? Their works have failed, and they have become the losers.
54. O ye who believe! Whoso of you becometh a renegade from his religion, (know that in his stead) Allah will bring
a people whom He loveth and who love Him, humble toward believers, stern toward disbelievers, striving in the way
of Allah and fearing not the blame of any blamer. Such is the grace of Allah which He giveth unto whom He will. Allah
is All Embracing, All Knowing.
55. Your friend can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poor
due, and bow down (in prayer).
56. And whoso taketh Allah and His messenger and those who believe for friend (will know that), lo! the party of Allah,
they are the victorious.
57. O ye who believe! Choose not for friends such of those who received the Scripture before you, and of the
disbelievers, as make a jest and sport of your religion. But keep your duty to Allah if ye are true believers.
58. And when ye call to prayer they take it for a jest and sport. That is because they are a folk who understand not.
59. Say: O, People of the Scripture! Do ye blame us for aught else than that we believe in Allah and that which is
revealed unto us and that which was revealed aforetime, and because most of you are evil livers?
60. Shall I tell thee of a worse (case) than theirs for retribution with Allah? Worse (is the case of him) whom Allah
hath cursed, him on whom His wrath hath fallen! Worse is he of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine,
and who serveth idols. Such are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road.
61. When they come unto you (Muslims), they say: We believe; but they came in unbelief and they went out in the
same; and Allah knoweth best what they were hiding.
62. And thou seest many of them vying one with another in sin and transgression and their devouring of illicit gain.
Verily evil is what they do.
63. Why do not the rabbis and the priests forbid their evil speaking and their devouring of illicit gain? Verily evil is
64. The Jews say: Allah's hand is fettered. Their hands are fettered and they are accursed for saying so. Nay, but both
His hands are spread out wide in bounty. He bestoweth as He will. That which bath been revealed unto thee from thy
Lord is certain to increase the contumacy and disbelief of many of them, and We have cast among them enmity and
hatred till the Day of Resurrection. As often as they light a fire for war, Allah extinguisheth it. Their effort is for
corruption in the land, and Allah loveth not corrupters.
65. If only the People of the Scripture would believe and ward off (evil), surely We should remit their sins from them
and surely We should bring them into Gardens of Delight.
66. If they had observed the Torah and the Gospel and that which was revealed unto them from their Lord, they would
surely have been nourished from above them and from beneath their feet. Among them there are people who are
moderate, but many of them are of evil conduct.
67. O Messenger! Make known that which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord, for if thou do it not, thou will
not have conveyed His message. Allah will protect thee from mankind. Lo! Allah guideth not the disbelieving folk.
68. Say: O People of the Scripture! Ye have naught (of guidance) till ye observe the Torah and the Gospel and that
which was revealed unto you from your Lord. That which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) from thy Lord is certain
to increase the contumacy and disbelief of many of them. But grieve not for the disbelieving folk.
69. Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians whosoever believeth in Allah and the
Last Day and doeth right there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
70. We made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We sent unto them messengers. As often as a messenger
came unto them with that which their souls desired not (they became rebellious). Some (of them) they denied and some
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:15 am|| |
71. They thought no harm would come of it, so they were willfully blind and deaf. And afterward Allah turned (in
mercy) toward them. Now (even after that) are many of them willfully blind and deaf. Allah is Seer of what they do.
72. They surely disbelieve who say : Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said : O Children
of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden
Paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evildoers there will be no helpers.
73. They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no God save the One God. If they
desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.
74. Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him? For Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
75. The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before
him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how we make the revelations
clear for them, and see how they are turned away!
76. Say: Serve ye in place of Allah that which possesseth for you neither hurt nor use? Allah it is Who is the Hearer,
77. Say: O People of the Scripture! Stress not in your religion other than the truth, and follow not the vain desires of
folk who erred of old and led many astray, and erred from a plain road.
78. Those of the children of Israel who went astray were cursed by the tongue of David, and of Jesus, son of Mary. That
was because they rebelled and used to transgress.
79. They restrained not one another from the wickedness they did. Verily evil was that they used to do!
80. Thou seest many of them making friends with those who disbelieve. surely ill for them is that which they
themselves send on before them : that Allah will be wroth with them and in the doom they will abide.
81. If they believed in Allah and the Prophet and that which is revealed unto him, they would not choose them for their
friends. But many of them are of evil conduct.
82. Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who , believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters.
And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians.
That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud.
83. When they listen to that which hath been revealed unto the messenger, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears
because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe. Inscribe us as among the witnesses.
84. How should we not believe in Allah and that which hath come unto us of the Truth. And (how should we not) hope
that our Lord will bring us in along with righteous folk?
85. Allah hath rewarded them for that their saying. Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for
ever. That is the reward of the good.
86. But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of hell fire.
87. O ye who believe! Forbid not the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, and transgress not. Lo! Allah
loveth not transgressors.
88. Eat of that which Allah hath bestowed on you as food lawful and good, and keep your duty to Allah in Whom ye are
89. Allah will not take you to task for that which is unintentional in your oaths, but He will take you to task for the oaths
which ye swear in earnest. The expiation thereof is the feeding of ten of the needy with the average of that wherewith
ye feed your own folk, or the clothing of them, or the liberation of a slave, and for him who findeth not (the
wherewithal to do so) then a three day fast. This is the expiation of your oaths when ye have sworn; and keep your oaths.
Thus Allah expoundeth unto you His revelations in order that ye may give thanks.
90. O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's
handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed.
91. Satan seeketh only to cast among you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and games of chance, and to turn
you from remembrance of Allah and from (His) worship. Will ye then have done?
92. Obey Allah and obey the messenger, and beware! But if ye turn away, then know that the duty of Our messenger
is only plain conveyance (of the message).
93. There shall be no sin (imputed) unto those who believe and do good works for what they may have eaten (in the
past). So be mindful of your duty (to Allah), and do good works; and again: be mindful of your duty, and believe; and
once again: be mindful of your duty, and do right. Allah loveth the good.
94. O ye who believe! Allah will surely try you somewhat (in the matter) of the game which ye take with your hands
and your spears, that Allah may know him who feareth Him in secret. Whoso transgresseth after this, for him there is
a painful doom.
95. O ye who believe! Kill no wild game while ye are on the pilgrimage. Whoso of you killeth it of set purpose he shall
pay its forfeit in the equivalent of that which he hath killed, of domestic animals, the judge to be two men among you
known for justice; (the forfeit) to be brought as an offering to the Ka'bah; or, for expiation, he shall feed poor persons,
or the equivalent thereof in fasting, that he may taste the evil consequences of his deed. Allah forgiveth whatever (of
this kind) may have happened in the past, but whoso relapseth, Allah will take retribution from him. Allah is Mighty,
Able to Requite (the wrong).
96. To hunt and to eat the fish of the sea is made lawful for you, a provision for you and for seafarers; but to hunt on
land is forbidden you so long as ye are on the pilgrimage. Be mindful of your duty to Allah, unto Whom ye will be
97. Allah hath appointed the Ka'bah, the Sacred House, a standard for mankind, and the Sacred Month and the offerings
and the garlands. That is so that ye may know that Allah knoweth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the
earth, and that Allah is Knower of all things.
98. Know that Allah is severe in punishment, but that Allah (also) is Forgiving, Merciful.
99. The duty of the messenger is only to convey (the message) . Allah knoweth what ye proclaim and what ye hide.
100. Say: The evil, and the good are not alike even though the plenty of the evil attract thee. So be mindful of your duty
to Allah, O men of understanding, that ye may succeed.
101. O ye who believe! Ask not of things which, if they were made known unto you, would trouble you; but if ye ask
of them when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made known unto you. Allah pardoneth this, for Allah is
102. A folk before you asked (for such disclosures) and then disbelieved there in.
103. Allah hath not appointed anything in the nature of a Bahirah or a Saibah or a Wasilah or a Hami, but those who
disbelieve invent a lie against Allah. Most of them have no sense.
104. And when it is said unto them: Come unto that which Allah hath revealed and unto the messenger, they say: Enough
for us is that wherein we found our fathers. What! Even though their fathers had no knowledge whatsoever, and no
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 am|| |
105. O ye who believe! Ye have charge of your own souls. He who erreth cannot injure you if ye are rightly guided.
Unto Allah ye will all return; and then He will inform you of what ye used to do.
106. O ye who believe! Let there be witnesses between you when death draweth nigh unto one of you, at the time of
bequest two witnesses, just men from among you, or two others from another tribe, in case ye are campaigning in the
land and the calamity of death befall you. Ye shall empanel them both after the prayer, and, if ye doubt, they shall be
made to swear by Allah (saying): We will not take a bribe, even though it were (on behalf of) a near kinsman nor will
we hide the testimony of Allah, for then indeed we should be of the sinful.
107. But then, if it is afterwards ascertained that both of them merit (the suspicion of) sin, let two others take their
place of those nearly concerned, and let them swear by Allah, (saying): Verily our testimony is truer than their
testimony and we have not transgressed(the bounds of duty), for then indeed we should be of the evildoers.
108. Thus it is more likely that they will hear true witness or fear that after their oath the oath (of others) will be taken.
So be mindful of your duty (to Allah) and hearken. Allah guideth not the froward folk.
109. In the day when Allah gathereth together the messengers, and saith: What was your response (from mankind)? they
say: We have no knowledge. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden.
110. When Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto thee and unto thy mother; how I strengthened
thee with the holy Spirit, so that thou spakest unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught thee the
Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird
by My permission, and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and thou didst heal him who was born
blind and the leper by My permission; and how thou didst raise the dead, by My permission and how I restrained the
Children of Israel from (harming) thee when thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who
disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than mere magic;
111. And when I inspired the disciples, (saying): Believe in Me and in My messenger, they said: We believe. Bear
witness that we have surrendered (unto Thee).
112. When the disciples said: O Jesus, son of Mary! Is thy Lord able to send down for us a table spread with food from
heaven? He said: Observe your duty to Allah, if ye are true believers.
113. (They said:) We wish to eat thereof, that we may satisfy our hearts and know that thou hast spoken truth to us, and
that thereof we may be witnesses.
114. Jesus, son of Mary, said: O Allah, Lord of us! Send down for us a table spread with food from heaven, that it may
be a feast for Us, for the first of us and for the last of us, and a sign from Thee. Give us sustenance, for Thou art the
Best of Sustainers.
115. Allah said: Lo! I send it down for you. And whoso disbelieveth of you afterward, him surely will I punish with a
punishment wherewith I have not punished any of (My) creatures.
116. And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods
beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou
knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower
of Things Hidden.
117. I spake unto them only that which Thou commandedst me, (saying) : Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. I was
a witness of them while I dwelt among them, and when Thou tookest me Thou wast the Watcher over them. Thou art
Witness over all things.
118. If Thou punish them, lo! they are Thy slaves, and if Thou forgive them (lo! they are Thy slaves). Lo! Thou, only
Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.
119. Allah saith: This is a day in which their truthfulness profiteth the truthful, for theirs are Gardens underneath which
rivers flow, wherein they are secure for ever, Allah taking pleasure in them and they in Him. That is the great triumph.
120. Unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and whatsoever is therein, and He is Able to
do all things.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 am|| |
Surah 6. Al-An'am
1. Praise be to Allah, Who hath created the heavens and the earth, and hath appointed darkness and light. Yet those who
disbelieve ascribe rivals unto their Lord.
2. He it is Who hath created you from clay, and hath decreed a term for you. A term is fixed with Him. Yet still ye
3. He is Allah in the heavens and in the earth. He knoweth both your secret and your utterance, and He knoweth what
4. Never came there unto them a revelation of the revelations of Allah but they did turn away from it.
5. And they denied the truth when it came unto them. But there will come unto them the tidings of that which they used
6. See they not how many a generation We destroyed before them, whom We had established in the earth more firmly
than We have established you, and We shed on them abundant showers from the sky, and made the rivers flow beneath
them. Yet We destroyed them for their sins, and created after them another generation
7. Had we sent down unto thee (Muhammad) (actual) writing upon parchment, so that they could feel it with their hands,
those who disbelieve would have said: This is naught else than mere magic.
8. They say: Why hath not an angel been sent down unto him? If We sent down an angel, then the matter would be
judged; no further time would be allowed them (for reflection).
9. Had We appointed an angel (Our messenger), We assuredly had made him (as) a man (that he might speak to men);
and (thus) obscured for them (the truth) they (now) obscure.
10. Messengers (of Allah) have been derided before thee, but that whereat they scoffed surrounded such of them as
11. Say (unto the disbelievers): Travel in the land, and see the nature of the consequence for the rejecters!
12. Say: Unto whom belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth? Say: Unto Allah. He hath prescribed for
Himself mercy, that He may bring you all together to a Day whereof there is no doubt. Those who ruin their own souls
will not believe.
13. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever resteth in the night and the day. He is the Hearer, the Knower.
14. Say: Shall I choose for a protecting friend other than Allah, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, who feedeth
and is never fed? Say: I am ordered to be the first to surrender (unto Him) . And be not thou (O Muhammad) of the
15. Say: I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day.
16. He from whom (such retribution) is averted on that day (Allah) hath in truth had mercy on him. That will be the
17. If Allah touch thee with affliction, there is none that can relieve therefrom save Him, and if He touch thee with
good fortune (there is none that can impair it); for He is Able to do all things.
18. He is the Omnipotent over His slaves, and He is the Wise, the Knower.
19. Say (O Muhammad) : What thing is of most weight in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me. And
this Qur'an hath been inspired in me, that I may warn therewith you and whomsoever it may reach. Do ye in truth bear
witness that there are gods beside Allah? Say : I bear no such witness. Say: He is only One God. Lo! I am innocent of
that which ye associate (with Him).
20. Those unto whom We gave the Scripture recognize (this Revelation) as they recognize their sons. Those who ruin
their own souls will not believe.
21. Who doth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie against Allah and denieth His revelations? Lo! the wrong doers
will not be successful
22. And on the Day We gather them together We shall say unto those who ascribed partners (unto Allah): Where are
(now) those partners of your make believe?
23. Then will they have no contention save that they will say: By Allah, our Lord, we never were idolaters.
24. See how they lie against themselves, and (how) the thing which they devised hath failed them!
25. Of them are some who listen unto thee, but We have placed upon their hearts veils, lest they should understand,
and in their ears a deafness. If they saw every token they would not believe therein; to the point that, when they come
unto thee to argue with thee, the disbelievers say: This is naught else than fables of the men of old.
26. And they forbid (men) from it and avoid it, and they ruin none save themselves, though they perceive not.
27. If thou couldst see when they are set before the Fire and say: Oh, would that we might return! Then would we not
deny the revelations of our Lord but we would be of the believers!
28. Nay, but that hath become clear unto them which before they used to hide. And if they were sent back they would
return unto that which they are forbidden. Lo! they are liars.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:17 am|| |
29. And they say: There is naught save our life of the world, and we shall not be raised (again).
30. If thou couldst see when they are set before their Lord! He will say: Is not this real? They will say: Yea, verily, by
our Lord! He will say: Taste now the retribution for that ye used to disbelieve.
31. They indeed are losers who deny their meeting with Allah until, when the hour cometh on them suddenly, they cry:
Alas for us, that we neglected it! They bear upon their back their burdens. Ah, evil is that which they bear!
32. Naught is the life of the world save a pastime and a sport. Better far is the abode of the Hereafter for those who
keep their duty (to Allah). Have ye then no sense?
33. We know well how their talk grieveth thee, though in truth they deny not thee (Muhammad) but evil-doers flout
the revelations of Allah.
34. Messengers indeed have been denied before thee, and they were patient under the denial and the persecution till
Our succour reached them. There is none to alter the decisions of Allah. Already there hath reached thee (somewhat)
of the tidings of the messengers (We sent before).
35. And if their aversion is grievous unto thee, then, if thou canst, seek a way down into the earth or a ladder unto the
sky that thou mayst bring unto them a portent (to convince them all)! If Allah willed, He could have brought them all
together to the guidance So be not thou among the foolish ones.
36. Only those can accept who hear. As for the dead, Allah will raise them up; then unto Him they will be returned.
37. They say: Why hath no portent been sent down upon him from his Lord? Say: Lo! Allah is Able to send down a
portent. But most of them know not.
38. There is not an animal in the earth, nor a flying creature flying on two wings, but they are peoples like unto you.
We have neglected nothing in the Book (of Our decrees). Then unto their Lord they will be gathered.
39. Those who deny our revelations are deaf and dumb in darkness. Whom Allah will He sendeth astray, and whom He
will He placeth on a straight path.
40. Say: Can ye see yourselves, if the punishment of Allah come upon you or the Hour come upon you, calling upon
other than Allah? Do ye then call (for help) to any other than Allah? (Answer that) if ye are truthful.
41. Nay, but unto Him ye call, and He removeth that because of which ye call unto Him, if He will, and ye forget
whatever partners ye ascribed unto Him.
42. We have sent already unto peoples that were before thee, and We visited them with tribulation and adversity, in
order that they might grow humble.
43. If only, when our disaster came on them, they had been humble! But their hearts were hardened and the devil made
all that they used to do seem fair unto them!
44. Then, when they forgot that whereof they had been reminded, We opened unto them the gates of all things till, even
as they were rejoicing in that which they were given, We seized them unawares, and lo! they were dumbfounded.
45. So of the people who did wrong the last remnant was cut off. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!
46. Say: Have ye imagined, if Allah should take away your hearing and your sight and seal your hearts, who is the God
who could restore it to you save Allah? See how We display the revelations unto them? Yet still they turn away.
47. Say: Can ye see yourselves, if the punishment of Allah come upon you unawares or openly? Would any perish save
48. We send not the messengers save as bearers of good news and warners. Whoso believeth and doeth right, there
shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
49. But as for those who deny Our revelations, torment will afflict them for that they used to disobey.
50. Say (O Muhammad, to the disbelievers): I say not unto you (that) I possess the treasures of Allah, nor that I have
knowledge of the Unseen; and I say not unto you: Lo! I am an angel. I follow only that which is inspired in me. Say: Are
the blind man and the seer equal? Will ye not then take thought?
51. Warn hereby those who fear (because they know) that they will be gathered unto their Lord, for whom there is no
protecting friend nor intercessor beside Him, that they may ward off (evil).
52. Repel not those who call upon their Lord at morn and evening, seeking His countenance. Thou art not accountable
for them in aught, nor are they accountable for thee in aught, that thou shouldst repel them and be of the wrong-doers.
53. And even so do We try some of them by others, that they say: Are these they whom Allah favoureth among us? Is
not Allah best aware of the thanksgivers?
54. And when those who believe in Our revelations come unto thee, say: Peace be unto you! Your Lord hath prescribed
for Himself mercy, that whoso of you doeth evil and repenteth afterward thereof and doeth right, (for him) lo! Allah
is Forgiving, Merciful.
55. Thus do We expound the revelations that the way of the unrighteous may be manifest.
56. Say: I am forbidden to worship those on whom ye call instead of Allah. Say: I will not follow your desires, for then
should I go astray and I should not be of the rightly guided.
57. Say: I am (relying) on clear proof from my Lord, while ye deny Him. I have not that for which ye are impatient. The
decision is for Allah only. He telleth the truth and He is the Best of Deciders.
58. Say: If I had that for which ye are impatient, then would the case (ere this) have been decided between me and you.
Allah is best aware of the wrong doers.
59. And with Him are the keys of the invisible. None but He knoweth them. And He knoweth what is in the land and the
sea. Not a leaf falleth but He knoweth it, not a grain amid the darkness of the earth, naught of wet or dry but (it is noted)
in a clear record.
60. He it is Who gathereth you at night and knoweth that which ye commit by day. Then He raiseth you again to life
therein, that the term appointed (for you) may be accomplished. And afterward unto Him is your return. Then He will
proclaim unto you what ye used to do.
61. He is the Omnipotent over His slaves. He sendeth guardians over you until, when death cometh unto one of you,
Our messengers receive him, and they neglect not.
62. Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of
63. Say: Who delivereth you from the darkness of the land and the sea? Ye call upon Him humbly and in secret,
(saying): If we are delivered from this (fear) we truly will be of the thankful.
64. Say: Allah delivereth you from this and from all afflictions. Yet "ye attribute partners unto Him.
65. Say: He is able to send punishment upon you from above you or from beneath your feet, or to bewilder you with
dissension and make you taste the tyranny one of another. See how We display the revelations so that they may
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:18 am|| |
66. Thy people (O Muhammad) have denied it, though it is the Truth. Say: I am not put in charge of you.
67. For every announcement there is a term, and ye will come to know.
68. And when thou seest those who meddle with Our revelations, withdraw from them until they meddle with another
topic. And if the devil cause thee to forget, sit not, after the remembrance, with the congregation of wrong doers.
69. Those who ward off (evil) are not accountable for them in aught, but the Reminder (must be given them) that haply
they (too) may ward off (evil).
70. And forsake those who take their religion for a pastime and a jest, and whom the life of the world beguileth.
Remind (mankind) hereby lest a soul be destroyed by what it earneth. It hath beside Allah no friend nor intercessor,
and though it offer every compensation it will not be accepted from It. Those are they who perish by their own deserts.
For them is drink of boiling water and a painful doom, because they disbelieved.
71. Say: Shall we cry, instead of unto Allah, unto that which neither profiteth us nor hurteth us, and shall we turn back
after Allah hath guided us, like one bewildered whom the devils have infatuated in the earth, who hath companions who
invite him to the guidance (saying): Come unto us? Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah is Guidance, and we are ordered to
surrender to the Lord of the Worlds,
72. And to establish worship and ward off (evil), and He it is unto Whom ye will be gathered.
73. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in truth. In that day when He saith: Be! it is. His word is the truth,
and His will be the Sovereignty on the day when the trumpet is blown. Knower of the invisible and the visible, He is
the Wise, the Aware.
74. (Remember) when Abraham said unto his father Azar: Takest thou idols for gods? Lo! I see thee and thy folk in
75. Thus did We show Abraham the kingdom of the heavens and the earth that he mighty be of those possessing
76. When the night grew dark upon him he beheld a star. He said: This is my Lord. But when it set, he said: I love not
things that set
77. And when he saw the moon uprising, he exclaimed: This my Lord. But when it set, he said: Unless my Lord guide
me, I surely shall become one of the folk who are astray.
78. And when he saw the sun uprising, he cried: This is my Lord! This is greater! And when it, set be exclaimed: O my
people! Lo! I am free from all that ye associate (with Him).
79. Lo! I have turned my face toward him Who created the heavens and the earth, as one by nature upright, and I am not
of the idolaters.
80. His people argued with him. He said: Dispute ye with me concerning Allah when He hath guided me? I fear not at
all that which ye set beside Him unless my Lord willeth. My Lord includeth all things in His knowledge: Will ye not
81. How should I fear that which ye set up beside Him, when ye fear not to set up beside Allah that for which He hath
revealed unto you no warrant? `Which of the two factions hath more right to safety?, (Answer me that) if ye have
82. Those who believe and obscure not their belief by wrong doing, theirs is safety; and they are rightly guided.
83. That is Our argument. We gave it unto Abraham against his folk. We raise unto degrees of wisdom whom We will.
Lo! thy Lord is Wise, Aware.
84. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob; each of them We guided; and Noah did We guide aforetime; and of
his seed (We guided) David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good.
85. And Zachariah and John and Jesus and Elias. Each one (of them) was of the righteous.
86. And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot. Each one of them did We prefer above (Our) creatures,
87. With some of their forefathers and thee offspring and thee brethren; and We chose them and guided them unto a
88. Such is the guidance of Allah wherewith He guideth whom He will of His bondmen. But if they had set up (for
worship ) aught beside Him, (all) that they did would have been vain.
89. Those are they unto whom We gave the Scripture and command and prophethood. But if these disbelieve therein,
then indeed We shall entrust it to a people who will not be disbelievers therein.
90. Those are they whom Allah guideth, so follow their guidance. Say (O Muhammad, unto mankind): I ask of you no
fee for it. Lo! it is naught but a Reminder to (His) creatures.
91. And they measure not the power of Allah its true measure when they say: Allah hath naught revealed unto a human
being. Say (unto the Jews who speak thus): Who revealed the Book which Moses brought, a light and guidance for
mankind, which ye have put on parchments which ye show, but ye hide much (thereof), and by which ye were taught that
which ye knew not yourselves nor (did) your fathers (know it)? Say: Allah. Then leave them to their play of cavilling.
92. And this is a blessed Scripture which We have revealed, confirming that which (was revealed) before it, that thou
mayst warn the Mother of Villages and those around her. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe herein, and they
are careful of their worship.
93. Who is guilty of more wrong than he who forgeth a lie against Allah, or saith : I am inspired, when he is not inspired
in aught; and who saith: I will reveal the like of that which Allah hath revealed? If thou couldst see, when the wrong
doers reach the pangs of death and the angels stretch their hands out, saying: Deliver up your souls. This day ye are
awarded doom of degradation for that ye spake concerning Allah other than the truth, and scorned, His portents.
94. Now have ye come unto Us solitary as We did create you at the first, and ye have left behind you all that We
bestowed upon you, and We behold not with you those your intercessors, of whom ye claimed that they possessed a
share in you. Now is the bond between you severed, and that which ye presumed hath failed you.
95. Lo! Allah (it is) who splitteth the grain of corn and the date stone (for sprouting) . He bringeth forth the living from
the dead, and is the bringer forth of the dead from the living. Such is Allah. How then are ye perverted?
96. He is the Cleaver of the Daybreak, and He hath appointed the night for stillness, and the sun and the moon for
reckoning. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.
97. And He it is Who hath set for you the stars that ye may guide your course by them amid the darkness of the land
and the sea We have detailed Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.
98. And He it is Who hath produced you from a single being, and (hath given you) a habitation and a repository. We
have detailed Our revelations for a people who have understanding.
99. He it is Who sendeth down water from the sky, and therewith We bring forth buds of every kind; We bring forth
the green blade from, which we bring forth the thick clustered grain; and from the date palm, from the pollen thereof,
spring pendant bunches; and (We bring forth) gardens of grapes, and the olive and the pomegranate, alike and unlike.
Look upon the fruit thereof, when they bear fruit, and upon its ripening. Lo! herein verily are portents for a people who
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am|| |
100. Yet they ascribe as partners unto Him the jinn, although He did create them, and impute falsely, without
knowledge, sons and daughters unto Him. Glorified be He and high exalted above (all) that they ascribe (unto Him).
101. The Originator of the heavens and the earth! How can He have a child, when there is for Him no consort, when
He created all things and is Aware of all things?
102. Such is Allah, your Lord. There is no God save Him, the Creator of all things, so worship Him. And He taketh care
of all things.
103. Vision comprehendeth Him not, but He comprehendeth (all) vision. He is the Subtile, the Aware.
104. Proofs have come unto you from your Lord, so whoso seeth, it is for his own good, and whoso is blind is blind
to his own hurt. And I am not a keeper over you.
105. Thus do We display Our revelations that they may say (unto thee, Muhammad): "Thou hast studied," and that We
may make (it) clear for people who have knowledge.
106. Follow that which is inspired in thee from thy Lord; there is no God save Him; and turn away from the idolaters.
107. Had Allah is willed, they had not been idolatrous. We have not set thee as a keeper over them, nor art thou
responsible for them.
108. Revile not those unto whom they pray beside Allah lest they wrongfully revile Allah through ignorance. Thus unto
every nation have We made their deed seem fair. Then unto their Lord is their return, and He will tell them what they
used to do.
109. And they swear a solemn oath by Allah that if there come unto them a portent they will believe therein. Say:
Portents are with Allah and (so is) that which telleth you that if such came unto them they would not believe.
110. We confound their hearts and their eyes. As they believed not therein at the first, We let them wander blindly on
in their contumacy.
111. And though We should send down the angels unto them, and the dead should speak unto them, and We should
gather against them all things in array, they would not believe unless Allah so willed. Howbeit, most of them are
112. Thus have We appointed unto every Prophet an adversary devils of humankind and jinn who inspire in one another
plausible discourse through guile. If thy Lord willed, they would not do so; so leave them alone with their devising;
113. That the hearts of those who believe not in the Hereafter may incline thereto, and that they may take pleasure
therein, and that they may earn what they are earning.
114. Shall I seek other than Allah for judge, when He it is who hath revealed unto you (this) Scripture, fully explained?
Those unto whom We gave the Scripture (aforetime) know that it is revealed from thy Lord in truth. So be not thou (O
Muhammad) of the waverers.
115. Perfected is the Word of thy Lord in truth and justice. There is naught that can change His words. He is the
Hearer, the Knower.
116. If thou obeyedst most of those on earth they would mislead thee far from Allah's way. They follow naught but an
opinion, and they do but guess.
117. Lo! thy Lord, He knoweth best who erreth from His way; and He knoweth best (who are) the rightly guided.
118. Eat of that over which the name of Allah hath been mentioned, if ye are believers in His revelations.
119. How should ye not eat of that over which the name of Allah hath been mentioned, when He hath explained unto
you that which is forbidden unto you, unless ye are compelled thereto. But lo! many are led astray by their own lusts
through ignorance. Lo! thy Lord, He is best aware of the transgressors.
120. Forsake the outwardness of sin and the inwardness thereof. Lo! those who garner sin will be awarded that which
they have earned.
121. And eat not of that whereon Allah's name hath not been mentioned, for lo! it is abomination. Lo! the devils do
inspire thee minions to dispute with you. But if ye obey them, ye will be in truth idolaters.
122. Is he who was dead and We have raised him unto life, and set for him a light wherein he walketh among men, as
him whose similitude is in utter darkness whence he cannot emerge? Thus is their conduct made fad seeming for the
123. And thus have We made in every city great ones of its wicked ones, that they should plot therein. They do but plot
against themselves, though they perceive not.
124. And when a token cometh unto them, they say: We will not believe till we are given that which Allah's messengers
are given. Allah knoweth best with whom to place His message. Humiliation from Allah and heavy punishment will
smite the guilty for their scheming.
125. And whomsoever it is Allah's will to guide, He expandeth his bosom unto the Surrender, and whomsoever it is His
will to send astray, He maketh his bosom close and narrow as if he were engaged in sheer ascent. Thus Allah layeth
ignominy upon those who believe not.
126. This is the path of thy Lord, a straight path. We have detailed Our revelations for a people who take heed.
127. For theme is the abode of peace with their Lord. He be their Protecting Friend because of what they used to do.
128. In the day when He will gather them together (He will say): O ye assembly of the jinn! Many of humankind did
ye seduce. And their adherents among humankind will say: Our Lord! We enjoyed one another, but now we have arrived
at the appointed term which Thou appointedst for us. He will say: Fire is your home. Abide therein for ever, save him
whom Allah willeth (to deliver). Lo! thy Lord is Wise, Aware.
129. Thus We let some of the wrong-doers have power over others because of what they are wont to earn.
130. O ye assembly of the jinn and, humankind! Came there not unto you messengers of your own who recounted unto
you My tokens and warned you of the meeting of this your Day? They will say: We testify against ourselves. And the
life of the world beguiled them. And they testify against themselves that they were disbelievers.
131. This is because thy Lard destroyeth not the townships arbitrarily while their people are unconscious (of the wrong
132. For all there will be ranks from what they did Thy Lord is not unaware of what they do.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:20 am|| |
133. Thy Lord is the Absolute, the Lord of Mercy. If He will, He can remove you and can cause what He will to follow
after you, even as He raised you from the seed of other folk.
134. Lo! that which ye are promised will surely come to pass, and ye cannot escape.
135. Say (O Muhammad) : O my people! Work according to your power. Lo! I too am working. Thus ye will come to
know for which of us will be the happy sequel. Lo! the wrong- doers will not be successful.
136. They assign unto Allah, of the crops and cattle which He created, a portion, and they say: "This is Allah's" in their
make believe "and this is for (His) partners in regard to us." Thus that which (they assign) unto His partners in them
reacheth not Allah and that which (they assign) unto Allah goeth to thee (so called) partners. Evil is their ordinance.
137. Thus have their (so called) partners (of Allah) made the killing of their children to seem fair unto many of the
idolaters, that they may ruin them and make their faith obscure for them. Had Allah willed (it otherwise), they had not
done so. So leave them alone with their devices.
138. And they say: Such cattle and crops are forbidden. No one is to eat of them save whom We will in their make
believe cattle whose backs are forbidden, cattle over which they mention not the name of Allah. (All that is) a lie
against Him. He will repay them for that which they invent.
139. And they say: That which is in the bellies of such cattle is reserved for our males and is forbidden to our wives;
but if it be born dead, then they (all) may be partakers thereof He will reward them for their attribution (ordinances
unto Him). Lo, He is Wise, Aware.
140. They are losers who besottedly have slain their children without knowledge, and have forbidden that which Allah
bestowed upon them, inventing a lie against Allah. They indeed have gone astray and are not guided.
141. He it is Who produceth gardens trellised and untrellised, and the date palm, and crops of divers flavour, and the
olive and the pomegranate, like and unlike. Eat ye of the fruit thereof when it fruiteth, and pay the due thereof upon the
harvest day, and be not prodigal. Lo! Allah loveth not the prodigals.
142. And of the cattle (He produceth) some for burdens, some for food. Eat of that which Allah hath bestowed upon
you, and follow not the footsteps of the devil, for lo! he is an open foe to you.
143. Eight pairs: Of the sheep twain, and of the goats twain. Say: Hath He forbidden the two males or the two females,
or that which the wombs of the two females contain? Expound to me (the case) with knowledge, if ye are truthful.
144. And of the camels twain and of the oxen twain. Say: Hath He forbidden the two males or the two females, or that
which the wombs of the two females contain; or were ye by to witness when Allah commanded you (all) this? Then who
doth greater wrong than he who deviseth a lie concerning Allah, that he may lead mankind astray without knowledge.
Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
145. Say: I find not in that which is revealed unto me aught prohibited to an eater that he eat thereof, except it be
carrion, or blood poured forth, or swine flesh for that verily is foul or the abomination which was immolated to the
name of other than Allah. But whoso is compelled (thereto), neither craving nor transgressing, (for him) lo ! your Lord
is Forgiving, Merciful.
146. Unto those who are Jews We forbade every animal with claws. And of the oxen and the sheep forbade We unto
them the fat thereof save that upon the backs or the entrails, or that which is mixed with the bone. That We awarded
them for their rebellion. And lot We verily are Truthful.
147. So if they give the lie to thee (Muhammad), say: Your Lord is a Lord of all embracing mercy, and His wrath will
never be withdrawn from guilty folk.
148. They who are idolaters will say: Had Allah willed, we had not ascribed (unto Him) partners neither had our fathers,
nor had we forbidden aught. Thus did those who were before them give the lie (to Allah's messengers) till they tasted
of the fear of Us. Say: Have ye any knowledge that ye can adduce for us? Lo! ye follow naught but an opinion. Lo! ye
do but guess.
149. Say For Allah's is the final argument. Had He willed He could indeed have guided all of you.
150. Say: Come, bring your witnesses who can bear witness that Allah forbade (all) this. And if they bear witness, do
not thou bear witness with them. Follow thou not the whims of those who deny Our revelations, those who believe not
in the Hereafter and deem (others) equal with their Lord.
151. Say: Come, I will recite unto you that which your Lord hath made a sacred duty for you: that ye ascribe no thing
as partner unto Him and that ye do good to parents, and that ye slay not your children because of penury. We provide
for you and for them and that ye draw not nigh to lewd things whether open or concealed. And that ye slay not the life
which Allah hath made sacred, save in the course of justice. This He hath commanded you, in order that ye may discern.
152. And approach not the wealth of the orphan save with that which is better; till he reach maturity. Give full measure
and full weight, in justice. We task not any soul beyond its scope. And if ye give your word, do justice thereunto, even
though it be (against) a kinsman; and fulfil the covenant of Allah. This He commandeth you that haply ye may
153. And (He commandeth you, saying) : This is My straight path, so follow it Follow not other ways, lest ye be parted
from His way: This hath He ordained for you, that ye may ward off (evil).
154. Again, We gave the Scripture unto Moses, complete for him who would do good, an explanation of all things, a
guidance and a mercy, that they might believe in the meeting with their Lord.
155. And this is a blessed Scripture which We have revealed So follow it and ward off (evil), that ye may find mercy
156. Lest ye should say : The Scripture was revealed only to two sects before us, and we in truth were unaware of what
157. Or lest ye should say: If the Scripture had been revealed unto us, we surely had been better guided than are they.
Now hath there come unto you a clear proof from your Lord, a guidance and a mercy; and who doeth greater wrong than
he who denieth the revelations of Allah, and turneth away from them? We award unto those who turn away from Our
revelations an evil doom because of their aversion.
158. Wait they, indeed, for nothing less than that the angels should come unto them, or thy Lord should come, or there
should come one of the portents from thy Lord? In the day when one of the portents from they Lord cometh, its belief
availeth naught a soul which theretofore believed not, nor in its belief earned good (by works). Say: Wait ye! Lo! We
(too) are waiting.
159. Lo! As for those who sunder their religion and become schismatics, no concern at all hast thou with them. Their
case will go to Allah, who then will tell them what they used to do.
160. Whoso bringeth a good deed will receive tenfold the like thereof, while whoso bringeth an ill deed will be
awarded but the like thereof; and they will not be wronged.
161. Say: Lo! As for me, my Lord hath guided me unto a straight path, a right religion, the community of Abraham, the
upright, who was no idolater.
162. Say: Lo! my worship and, my sacrifice and my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the Worlds.
163. He hath no partner. This am I commanded, and I am first of those who surrender (unto Him).
164. Say: Shall I seek another than Allah for Lord, when He is Lord of all things? Each soul earneth only on its own
account, nor doth any laden bear another's load. Then unto your Lord is your return and He will tell you that wherein
165. He it is who hath placed you as viceroys of the earth and hath exalted some of you in rank above others, that He
may try you by (the test of) that which He hath given you. Lo! Thy Lord is swift in prosecution, and lo! He is Forgiving,
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:21 am|| |
Surah 7. Al-A'raf
1. Alif. Lam Mim. Sad.
2. (It is) a Scripture that is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) so let there be no heaviness in thy heart therefrom that thou
mayest warn thereby, and (it is) a Reminder unto believers.
3. (Saying): Follow that which is sent down unto you from your Lord, and follow no protecting friends beside Him.
Little do ye recollect!
4. How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them.
5. No plea had they, when Our terror came unto them, save that they said: Lo! We were wrongdoers.
6. Then verily We shall question those unto whom (Our message) hath been sent, and verily We shall question the
7. Then verily We shall narrate unto them (the event) with knowledge, for verily We were not absent, (when it came
8. The weighing on that day is the true (weighing). As for those whose scale is heavy, they are the successful.
9. And as for those whose scale is light: those are they who lose their souls because they disbelieved Our revelations.
10. And We have given you (mankind) power in the earth, and appointed for you therein a livelihood. Little give ye
11. And We created you, then fashioned you, then told the angels: Fall ye prostrate before Adam! And they fell
prostrate, all save Iblis, who was not of those who make prostration.
12. He said: What hindered thee that thou didst not fall prostrate when I bade thee? (Iblis) said: I am better than him.
Thou createdst me of fire while him Thou didst create of mud.
13. He said: Then go down hence! It is not for thee to show pride here, so go forth! Lo! thou art of those degraded.
14. He said: Reprieve me till the day when they are raised (from the dead).
15. He said: Lo! thou art of those reprieved.
16. He said : Now, because Thou hast sent me astray, verily I shall lurk in ambush for them on Thy Right Path.
17. Then I shall come upon them from before them and from behind them and from their right bands and from their
left hands, and Thou wilt not find most of them beholden (unto Thee).
18. He said: Go forth from hence, degraded, banished. As for such of them as follow thee, surely I will fill hell with
all of you.
19. And (unto man): O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden and eat from whence ye will, but come not nigh
this tree lest ye become wrong doers.
20. Then Satan whispered to them that he might manifest unto them that which was hidden from them of their shame,
and he said: Your Lord forbade you from this tree only lest ye should become angels or become of the immortals.
21. And he swore unto them (saying): Lo! I am a sincere adviser unto you.
22. Thus did he lead them on with guile. And when they tasted of the tree their shame was manifest to them and they
began to hide (by heaping) on themselves some of the leaves of the Garden. And their Lord called them, (saying): Did
I not forbid you from that tree and tell you: Lo! Satan is an open enemy to you?
23. They said : Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If Thou forgive us not and have not mercy on us, surely we are
of the lost!
24. He said: Go down (from hence), one of you a foe unto the other. There will be for you on earth a habitation and
provision for a while.
25. He said: There shall ye live, and there shall ye die, and thence shall ye be brought forth.
26. O Children of Adam! We have revealed unto you raiment to conceal your shame, and splendid vesture, but the
raiment of restraint from evil, that is best. This is of the revelations of Allah, that they may remember.
27. O Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you as he caused your (first) parents to go forth from the Garden and
tore off from them their robe (of innocence) that be might manifest their shame to them. Lo! he seeth you, he and his
tribe, from whence ye see him not. Lo! We have made the devils protecting friends for those who believe not.
28. And when they do some lewdness they say: We found our fathers doing it and Allah hath enjoined it on us. Say:
Allah, verily, enjoineth not lewdness. Tell ye concerning Allah that which ye know not?
29. Say: My Lord enjoineth justice. And set your faces, upright (toward Him) at every place of worship and call upon
Him, making religion pure for Him (only). As He brought you into being, so return ye (unto Him).
30. A party hath He led aright, while error hath just hold over (another) party, for lo! they choose the devils for
protecting friends instead of Allah and deem that they are rightly guided.
31. O Children of Adam! Look to your adornment at every place of worship, and eat and drink, but be not prodigal. Lo!
He loveth not the prodigals.
32. Say: Who hath forbidden the adornment of Allah which He hath brought forth for His bondmen, and the good things
of His providing? Say: Such, on the Day of Resurrection, will be only for those who believed during the life of the
world. Thus do We detail Our revelations for people who have knowledge.
33. Say: My Lord forbiddeth only indecencies, such of them as are apparent and such as are within, and sin and
wrongful oppression, and that ye associate with Allah that for which no warrant hath been revealed, and that ye tell
concerning Allah that which ye know not.
34. And every nation hath its term, and when its term cometh, they cannot put it off an hour nor yet advance (it).
35. O Children of Adam! If messengers of your own come unto you who narrate unto you My revelations, then
whosoever refraineth from evil and amendeth there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
36. But they who deny Our revelations and scorn them such are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.
37. Who doeth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah or denieth Our tokens. (For such) their
appointed portion of the Book (of destiny) reacheth them till, when Our messengers come to gather them, they say:
Where (now) is that to which ye cried beside Allah? They say: They have departed from us. And they testify against
themselves that they were disbelievers.
38. He saith: Enter into the Fire among nations of the jinn and humankind who passed away before you. Every time a
nation entereth, it curseth its sister (nation) till, when they have all been made to follow one another thither, the last
of them saith unto the first of them: Our Lord! These led us astray, so give them double torment of the Fire. He saith:
For each one there is double (torment), but ye know not.
39. And the first of them saith unto the last of them : Ye were no whit better than us, so taste the doom for what ye used
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:21 am|| |
40. Lo! they who deny Our revelations and scorn them, for them the gates of Heaven will not be opened nor will they
enter the Garden until the camel goeth through the needle's eye. Thus do We requite the guilty.
41. Theirs will be a bed of Hell, and over them coverings (of Hell). Thus do We requite wrong doers.
42. But (as for) those who believe and do good works We tax not any soul beyond its scope. Such are rightful owners
of the Garden. They abide therein.
43. And We remove whatever rancour may be in their hearts. Rivers flow beneath them. And they say: The praise to
Allah, Who hath guided us to this. We could not truly have been led aright if Allah had not guided us. Verily the
messengers of our Lord did bring the Truth. And it is cried unto them: This is the Garden. Ye inherit it for what ye used
44. And the dwellers of the Garden cry unto the dwellers of the Fire: We have found that which our Lord promised us
(to be) the Truth. Have ye (too) found that which your Lord promised the Truth? They say: Yea, verily. And a crier in
between them crieth: The curse of Allah is on evil doers.
45. Who debar (men) from the path of Allah and would have it crooked, and who are disbelievers in the Last Day.
46. Between them is a veil. And on the Heights are men who know them all by their marks. And they call unto the
dwellers of the Garden: Peace be unto you! They enter it not although they hope (to enter).
47. And when their eyes are turned toward the dwellers of the Fire, they say: Our Lord! Place us not with the
48. And the dwellers on the Heights call unto men whom they know by their marks, (saying): What did your multitude
and that in which ye took your pride avail you?
49. Are these they of whom ye swore that Allah would not show them mercy? (Unto them it hath been said): Enter the
Garden. No fear shall come upon you nor is it ye who will grieve.
50. And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden; Pour on us some water or some of that where
with Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance),
51. Who took their religion for a sport and pastime, and whom the life of the world beguiled. So this day We have
forgotten them even as they forgot the meeting of this Day and as they used to deny Our tokens.
52. Verily We have brought them a Scripture which We expound with knowledge, a guidance and a mercy for a people
53. Await they aught save the fulfilment thereof? On the day when the fulfilment thereof cometh, those who were
before forgetful thereof will say: The messengers of our Lord did bring the Truth ! Have we any intercessors, that they
may intercede for us? Or can we be returned (to life on earth), that we may act otherwise than we used to act? They have
lost their souls, and that which they devised bath failed them.
54. Lo! your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, then mounted He the Throne. He
covereth the night with the day, which is in haste to follow it, and hath made the sun and the moon and the stars
subservient by His command. His verily is all creation and commandment Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!
55. O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.
56. Work not confusion in the earth after the fair ordering (thereof), and call on Him in fear and hope. Lo! the mercy
of Allah is nigh unto the good.
57. And He it is Who sendeth the winds as tidings heralding His mercy, till, when they bear a cloud heavy (with rain),
We lead it to a dead land, and then cause water to descend thereon, and thereby bring forth fruits of every kind. Thus
bring We forth the dead. Haply ye may remember.
58. As for the good land, its vegetation cometh forth by permission of its Lord; while as for that which is bad, only evil
cometh forth (from it) . Thus do We recount the tokens for people who give thanks.
59. We sent Noah (of old) unto his people, and he said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other God save Him.
Lo! I fear for you the retribution of an Awful Day.
60. The chieftains of his people said: Lo! we see thee surely in plain error.
61. He said: O my people! There Is no error me, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the Worlds.
62. I convey unto you the messages of my Lord and give good counsel unto you, and know from Allah that which ye
63. Marvel ye that there should come unto you a Reminder from your Lord by means of a man among you, that he may
warn you, and that ye may keep from evil, and that haply ye may find mercy.
64. But they denied him, so We saved him and those with him in the ship, and We drowned those who denied Our token
Lo! they were blind folk.
65. And unto (the tribe of) Aad (We sent) their brother, Hud. He said : O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other God
save Him. Will ye not ward off (evil)?
66. The chieftains of his people, who were disbelieving, said: Lo! we surely see thee in foolishness, and lo! we deem
thee of the liars.
67. He said : O my people; There is no foolishness in me, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the Worlds.
68. I convey unto you the messages of my Lord and am for you a true adviser.
69. Marvel ye that there should come unto you a Reminder from your Lord by means of a man among you, that he may
warn you? Remember how He made you viceroys after Noah's folk, and gave you growth of stature. Remember (all)
the bounties of your Lord, that haply ye may be successful.
70. They said: Hast come unto us that we should serve Allah alone, and forsake what our fathers worshipped? Then
bring upon us that wherewith thou threatenest us if thou art of the truth.
71. He said: Terror and wrath from your Lord have already fallen on you. Would ye wrangle with me over names which
ye have named, ye and your fathers, for which no warrant from Allah hath been revealed? Then await (the consequence),
Lo! I (also) am of those awaiting (it).
72. And We saved him and those with him by a mercy from Us, and We cut the root of those who denied Our
revelations and were not believers.
73. And to (the tribe of) Thamud (We sent) their brother Salih. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other
God save Him. A wonder from your Lord hath come unto you. Lo! this is the camel of Allah, a token unto you; so let
her feed in Allah's earth, and touch her not with hurt lest painful torment seize you.
74. And remember how He made you viceroys after Aad and gave you station in the earth. Ye choose castles in the
plains and hew the mountains into dwellings. So remember (all) the bounties of Allah and do not evil, making mischief
in the earth.
75. The chieftains of his people, who were scornful, said unto those whom they despised, unto such of them as
believed: Know ye that Salih is one sent from his Lord? They said : Lo! In that wherewith he hath been sent we are
76. Those who were scornful said : Lo! in that which ye believe we are disbelievers.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:22 am|| |
77. So they hamstrung the she camel, and they flouted the commandment of their Lord, and they said: O Salih! Bring
upon us that thou threatenest if thou art indeed of those sent (from Allah).
78. So the earthquake seized them, and morning found them prostrate in their dwelling place.
79. And Salih turned on them and said : O my people! I delivered my Lord's message unto you and gave you good
advice, but ye love not good advisers.
80. And Lo! (Remember) when he said unto his folk: Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before
81. Lo! ye come with lust unto men instead of women. Nay, but ye, are wanton folk.
82. And the answer of his people was only that they said (one to another): Turn them out of your township. They are
folk, forsooth, who keep pure.
83. And We rescued him and his household, save his wife, who was of those who stayed behind.
84. And We rained a rain upon them. See now the nature of the consequence for evil doers!
85. And unto Midian (We sent) their brother, Shueyb. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other God save
Him. Lo! a clear proof hath come unto you from your Lord; so give full measure and full weight and wrong not mankind
in their goods, and work not confusion in the earth after the fair ordering thereof. That will be better for you, if ye are
86. Lurk not on every road to threaten (wayfarers), and to turn away from Allah's path him who believeth in Him, and
to seek to make it crooked. And remember, when ye were but few, how He did multiply you. And see the nature of the
consequence for the corrupters!
87. And if there is a party of you which believeth in that wherewith I have been sent, and there is a party which believeth
not, then have patience until Allah judge between us. He is the best of all who deal in judgment.
88. The chieftains of his people, who were scornful, said: Surely we will drive thee out, O Shueyb, and those who
believe with thee, from our township, unless ye return to our religion. He said : Even though we hate it?
89. We should have invented a lie against Allah if we returned to your religion after Allah hath rescued us from it. It
is not for us to return to it unless Allah should (so) will. Our Lord comprehendeth all things in knowledge. In Allah do
we put our trust. Our Lord! Decide with truth between us and our folk, for Thou art the best of those who make
90. But the chieftains of his people, who were disbelieving, said: If ye follow Shueyb, then truly we shall be the losers.
91. So the earthquake seized them, and morning found them prostrate in their dwelling place.
92. Those who denied Shueyb became as though they had not dwelt there. Those who denied Shueyb, they were the
93. So he turned from them and said: O my people! I delivered my Lord's messages unto you and gave you good advice;
then how can I sorrow for a people that rejected (truth)?
94. And We sent no prophet unto any township but We did afflict its folk with tribulation and adversity that haply they
might grow humble.
95. Then changed We the evil plight for good till they grew affluent and said: Tribulation and distress did touch our
fathers. Then We seized them unawares, when they perceived not.
96. And if the people of the township had believed and kept from evil, surely We should have opened for them,
blessings from the sky and from the earth. But (unto every messenger) they gave the lie, and so We seized them on
account of what they used to earn.
97. Are the people of the townships then secure from the coming of Our wrath, upon them as a night raid while they
98. Or are the people of the townships then secure from the coming of Our wrath upon them in the daytime while they
99. Are they then secure from Allah's scheme? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's scheme save folk that
100. Is it not an indication to those who inherit the land after its people (who thus reaped the consequence of evil
doing) that, if We will, We can smite them for their sins and print upon their hearts so that they hear not?
101. Such were the townships. We relate some tidings of them unto thee (Muhammad). Their messengers verily came
unto them with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but they could not believe because they had before denied. Thus
doth Allah print upon the hearts of disbelievers (that they hear not).
102. We found no (loyalty to any) covenant in most of them. Nay, most of them We found wrong doers.
103. Then, after them, We sent Moses with our tokens unto Pharaoh and his chiefs, but they repelled them. Now, see
the nature of the consequence for the corrupters!
104. Moses said: O Pharaoh! Lo! I am a messenger from the Lord of the Worlds,
105. Approved upon condition that I speak concerning Allah nothing but the truth I come unto you (lords of Egypt) with
a clear proof from your Lord. So let the Children of Israel go with me.
106. (Pharaoh) said : If thou comest with a token, then produce it, if thou art of those who speak the truth.
107. Then he flung down his staff and lo! it was a serpent manifest;
108. And he drew forth his hand (from his bosom): and lo! it was white for the beholders.
109. The chiefs of Pharaoh's people said: Lo! this is some knowing wizard,
110. Who would expel you from your land. Now what do ye advise?
111. They said (unto Pharaoh): Put him off (a while) him and his brother and send into the cities summoners,
112. To bring each knowing wizard unto thee.
113. And the wizards came to Pharaoh, saying: Surely there will be a reward for us if we are victors.
114. He answered: Yea, and surely ye shall be of those brought near (to me).
115. They said: O Moses! Either throw (first) or let us be the first throwers?
116. He said: Throw! And when they threw they cast a spell upon the people's eyes, and overawed them, and produced
a mighty spell.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 am|| |
117. And We inspired Moses (saying): Throw thy staff! And lo! it swallowed up their lying show.
118. Thus was the Truth vindicated and that which they were doing was made vain.
119. Thus were they there defeated and brought low.
120. And the wizards fell down prostrate,
121. Crying: We believe in the Lord of the Worlds,
122. The Lord of Moses and Aaron.
123. Pharaoh said: Ye believe in Him before I give you leave! Lo! this is the plot that ye have plotted in the city that
ye may drive its people hence. But ye shall come to know!
124. Surely I shall have your hands and feet cut off upon alternate sides. Then I shall crucify you every one.
125. They said: Lo! We are about to return unto our Lord!
126. Thou takest vengeance on us only forasmuch as we believed the tokens of our Lord when they came unto us. Our
Lord! Vouchsafe unto us steadfastness and make us die as men who have surrendered (unto Thee).
127. The chiefs of Pharaoh's people said: (O King), wilt thou suffer Moses and his people to make mischief in the land,
and flout thee and thy gods? He said: We will slay their sons and spare their women, for lo! we are in power over them.
128. And Moses said unto his people: Seek help in Allah and endure. Lo! the earth is Allah's. He giveth it for an
inheritance to whom He will. And lo! the sequel is for those who keep their duty (unto Him).
129. They said : We suffered hurt before thou camest unto us, `and since thou hast come unto us. He said: it may be
that your Lord is going to destroy your adversary and make you viceroys in the earth, that He may see how ye behave.
130. And We straitened Pharaoh's folk with famine and the dearth of fruits, that peradventure they might heed.
131. But whenever good befell them, they said : This is ours; and whenever evil smote them they ascribed it to the evil
auspices of Moses and those with him. Surely their evil auspice was only with Allah. But most of them knew not.
132. And they said: Whatever portent thou bringest when with to bewitch us, we shall not put faith in thee.
133. So We sent them the flood and the locusts and the vermin and the frogs and the blood a succession of clear signs.
But they were arrogant and became guilty.
134. And when the terror fell on them they cried: O Moses! Pray for us unto thy Lord, because He hath a covenant with
thee. If thou removest the terror from us we verily will trust thee and will let the Children of Israel go with thee.
135. But when We did remove from them the terror for a term which they must reach, behold! they broke their
136. Therefore We took retribution from them; therefore We drowned them in the sea: because they denied Our
revelations and were heedless of them.
137. And We caused the folk who were devised to inherit the eastern parts of the land and the western parts thereof
which We had blessed. And the fair word of the Lord was fulfilled for the Children of Israel because of their endurance;
and We annihilated (all) that Pharaoh and his folk had done and that they had contrived.
138. And We brought the Children of Israel across the sea, and they came unto a people who were given up to idols
which they had. They said: O Moses! Make for us a god even as they have gods. He said: Lo! ye are a folk who know
139. Lo! as for these, their way will be destroyed and all that they are doing is in vain.
140. He said : Shall I seek for you a god other than Allah when He hath favoured you above (all) creatures?
141. And (remember) when We did deliver you from Pharaoh's folk who were afflicting you with dreadful torment,
slaughtering your sons and sparing your women. That was a tremendous trial from your Lord.
142. And when We did appoint for Moses thirty nights (of solitude), and added to them ten, and he completed the
whole time appointed by his Lord of forty nights; and Moses said unto his brother: Take my place among the people.
Do right, and follow not the way of mischief makers.
143. And when Moses came to Our appointed tryst and his Lord had spoken unto him, he said: My Lord! Show me (Thy
self), that I may gaze upon Thee. He said: Thou wilt not see Me, but gaze upon the mountain! If it stand still in its place,
then thou wilt see Me. And when his Lord revealed (His) glory to the mountain He sent it crashing down. And Moses
fell down senseless. And when he woke he said: Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true)
144. He said : O Moses ! I have preferred thee above mankind by My messages and by My speaking (unto thee). So hold
that which I have given thee, and be among the thankful.
145. And We wrote for him, upon the tablets, the lesson to be drawn from all things and the explanation of all things,
then (bade him): Hold it fast; and command thy people (saying): Take the better (course made clear) therein. I shall
show thee the abode of evil livers.
146. I shall turn away from My revelations those who magnify themselves wrongfully in the earth, and if they see each
token believe it not, and if they see the way of righteousness choose it not for (their) way, and if they see the way of
error choose it for (their) way. That is because they deny Our revelations and are used to disregard them.
147. Those who deny Our revelations and the meeting of the Hereafter, their works are fruitless. Are they requited
aught save what they used to do?
148. And the folk of Moses, after (he had left them), chose a calf (for worship), (made) out of their ornaments, of
saffron hue, which gave a lowing sound. Saw they not that it spake not unto them nor guided them to any way? They
chose it, and became wrong doers.
149. And when they feared the consequences thereof and saw that they had gone astray, they said: Unless our Lord have
mercy on us and forgive us, we verily are of the lost.
150. And when Moses returned unto his people, angry and grieved, he said: Evil is that (course) which ye took after
I had left you. Would ye hasten on the judgment of your Lord? And he cast down the tablets, and he seized his brother
by the head, dragging him toward him. He said: Son of my mother! Lo! the folk did judge me weak and almost killed
me. Oh, make not mine enemies to triumph over me and place me not among the evil doers!
151. He said: My Lord! Have mercy on me and on my brother; bring us into Thy mercy, Thou the Most Merciful of
all who show mercy.
152. Lo! those who chose the calf (for worship), terror from their Lord and humiliation will come upon them in the
life of the world. Thus do We requite those who invent a lie.
153. But those who do ill deeds and afterward repent and believe lo! for them, afterward, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
154. Then, when the anger of Moses abated, he took up the tablets, and in their inscription there was guidance and
mercy for all those who fear their Lord.
155. And Moses chose of his people seventy men for Our appointed tryst and, when the trembling came on them, he
said: My Lord! If thou hadst willed Thou hadst destroyed them long before, and me with them. Wilt thou destroy us
for that which the ignorant among us did? It is but Thy trial (of us). Thou sendest whom Thou wilt astray and guidest
whom Thou wilt. Thou art our Protecting Friend, therefore forgive us and have mercy on us, Thou, the Best of all who
156. And ordain for us in, this world that which is good, and in the Hereafter (that which is good), Lo! We have turned
unto Thee. He said: I smite with My punishment whom I will, and My mercy embraceth all things, therefore I shall
ordain It for those who ward off (evil) and pay the poor due, and those who believe Our revelations;
157. Those who follow the messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in
the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them that which is right and forbid them that which
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:24 am|| |
is wrong. He will make lawful for them all good things and prohibit for them only the foul; and he will relieve them
of their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, and honour him and help him, and
follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful.
158. Say (O Muhammad): O mankind! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah to you all (the messenger of) Him unto whom
belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. There is no God save Him. He quickeneth and He giveth death.
So believe in Allah and His messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, who believeth in Allah and in His
words and follow him that haply ye may be led aright.
159. And of Moses' folk there is a community who lead with truth and establish justice therewith.
160. We divided them into twelve tribes, nations; and We inspired Moses, when his people asked him for water, saying:
Smite with thy staff the rock! And there gushed forth therefrom twelve springs, so that each tribe knew their drinking
place. And we caused the white cloud to overshadow them and sent down for them the manna and the quails (saying):
Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you. They wronged Us not, but they were wont to wrong
161. And when it was said unto them: Dwell in this township and eat therefrom whence ye will, and say "Repentance,
and enter the gate prostrate; We shall forgive you your sins; We shall increase (reward) for the right doers.
162. But those of them who did wrong changed the word which had been told them for another saying, and We sent
down upon them wrath from heaven for their wrongdoing.
163. Ask them (O Muhammad) of the township that was by the sea, how they did break the sabbath, how their big fish
came unto them visibly upon their sabbath day and on a day when they did not keep sabbath came they not unto them.
Thus did We try them for that they were evil livers.
164. And when a community among them said: Why preach ye to a folk whom Allah is about to destroy and punish with
an awful doom, they said: In order to be free from guilt before your Lord, and that haply they may ward off (evil).
165. And when they forgot that whereof they had been reminded, We rescued those who forbade wrong, and visited
those who did wrong with dreadful punishment because they were evil livers.
166. So when they took pride in that which they had been forbidden, We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and
167. And (remember) when thy Lord proclaimed that He would raise against them till the Day of Resurrection those
who would lay on them a cruel torment. Lo! verily thy Lord is swift in prosecution and lo! verify He is Forgiving,
168. And We have sundered them in the earth as (separate) nations. Some of them are righteous, and some far from
that. And We have tried them with good things and evil things that haply they might return.
169. And a generation hath succeeded them who inherited the Scriptures. They grasp the goods of this low life (as the
price of evil doing) and say: It will be forgiven us. And if there came to them (again) the offer of the like, they would
accept it (and would sin again). Hath not the covenant of the Scripture been taken on their behalf that they should not
speak aught concerning Allah save the truth? And they have studied that which is therein. And the abode of the Hereafter
is better, for those who ward off (evil). Have ye then no sense?
170. And as for those who make (men) keep the Scripture, and establish worship lo! We squander not the wages of
171. And when We shook the Mount above them as it were a covering, and they supposed that it was going to fall upon
them (and We said): Hold fast that which We have given you, and remember that which is therein, that ye may ward off
172. And (remember) when thy Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their reins, their seed, and made
them testify of themselves, (saying): Am I not your Lord? They said: Yea, verily. We testify. (That was) lest ye should
say at the Day of Resurrection: Lo! of this we were unaware;
173. Or lest ye should say: (It is) only (that) our fathers ascribed partners to Allah of old and we were (their) seed after
them. Wilt Thou destroy us on account of that which those who follow falsehood did?
174. Thus We detail Our revelations, that haply they may return.
175. Recite unto them the tale of him to whom We gave Our revelations, but he sloughed them off, so Satan overtook
him and he became of those who lead astray.
176. And had We willed We could have raised him by their means, but he clung to the earth and followed his own lust.
Therefor his likeness is as the likeness of a dog; if thou attackest him he panteth with his tongue out, and if thou leavest
him he panteth with his tongue out. Such is the likeness of the, people who deny Our revelations. Narrate unto them
the history (of the men of old), that haply they may take thought.
177. Evil as an example are the folk who denied Our revelations, and were wont to wrong themselves.
178. He who Allah leadeth, he indeed is led aright, while he whom Allah sendeth astray they indeed are losers.
179. Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not,
and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle nay, but they
are worse! These are the neglectful.
180. Allah's are the fairest names. Invoke Him by them. And leave the company of those who blaspheme His names.
They will be requited what they do.
181. And of those whom We created there is a nation who guide with the Truth and establish justice therewith.
182. And those who deny Our revelations step by step We lead them on from whence they know not.
183. I give them rein (for) lo! My scheme is strong.
184. Have they not bethought them (that) there is no madness in their comrade? He is but a plain warner.
185. Have they not considered the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and what things Allah hath created, and that
it may be that their own term draweth nigh? In what fact after this will they believe?
186. Those whom Allah sendeth astray, there is no guide for them. He leaveth them to wander blindly on in their
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am|| |
187. They ask thee of the (destined) Hour, when will it come to port. Say: Knowledge thereof is with my Lord only.
He alone will manifest it at its proper time. It is heavy in the heavens and the earth. It cometh not to you save unawares.
They question thee as if thou couldst be well informed thereof. Say: Knowledge thereof is with Allah only, but most
of mankind know not.
188. Say: For myself I have no power to benefit, nor power to hurt, save that which Allah willeth. Had I knowledge of
the Unseen, I should have abundance of wealth, and adversity would not touch me. I am but a warner, and a bearer of
good tidings unto folk who believe.
189. He it is who did create you from a single soul, and therefrom did make his mate that he might take rest in her. And
when he covered her she bore a light burden, and she passed (unnoticed) with it, but when it became heavy they cried
unto Allah, their Lord, saying: If thou givest unto us aright we shall be of the thankful.
190. But when He gave unto them aright, they ascribed unto Him partners in respect of that which He had given them.
High is He exalted above all that they associate (with Him).
191. Attribute they as partners to Allah those who created naught, but are themselves created,
192. And cannot give them help, nor can they help themselves?
193. And if ye call them to the Guidance, they follow you not. Whether ye call them or are silent is all one to them.
194. Lo! those on whom ye call beside Allah are slaves like unto you. Call on them now, and let them answer you, if
ye are truthful!
195. Have they feet wherewith they walk, or have they hands wherewith they hold, or have they eyes wherewith they
see, or have they ears wherewith they hear? Say: Call upon your (so called) partners (of Allah), and then contrive
against me, spare me not!
196. Lo! my Protecting Friend is Allah who revealeth the Scripture. He befriendeth the righteous.
197. They on whom ye call beside Him have no power to help you, nor can they help themselves.
198. And if ye (Muslims) call them to the Guidance they hear not; and thou (Muhammad) seest them looking toward
thee, but they see not.
199. Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant.
200. And if a slander from the devil wound thee, then seek refuge in Allah. Lo! He is Hearer, Knower.
201. Lo! those who ward off (evil), when a glamour from the devil troubleth them, they do but remember (Allah's
guidance) and behold them seers!
202. Their brethren plunge them further into error and cease not.
203. And when thou bringest not a verse for them they say: Why hast thou not chosen it? Say: I follow only that which
is inspired in me from my Lord. This (Qur’an) is insight from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy for a people that
204. And when the Qur’an is recited, give ear to it and pay heed, that ye may obtain mercy.
205. And do thou (O Muhammad) remember thy. Lord within thyself humbly and with awe, below thy breath, at morn
and evening. And be thou not of the neglectful.
206. Lo! those who are with thy Lord are not too proud to do Him service, but they praise Him and adore Him.
Surah 8. Al-Anfal
1. They ask thee (O Muhammad) of the spoils of war. Say: The spoils of war belong to Allah and the messenger, so
keep your duty to Allah, and adjust the matter of your difference, and obey Allah and His messenger, if ye are (true)
2. They only are the (true) believers whose hearts feel fear when Allah is mentioned, and when the revelations of Allah
are recited unto them they increase their faith, and who trust in their Lord;
3. Who establish worship and spend of that We have bestowed on them.
4. Those are they who are in truth believers. For them are grades (of honour) with their Lord, and pardon, and a
5. Even as thy Lord caused thee (Muhammad) to go forth from thy home with the Truth, and lo! a party of the believers
were averse (to it),
6. Disputing with thee of the Truth after it had been made manifest, as if they were being driven to death visible.
7. And when Allah promised you one of the two bands (of the enemy) that it should be yours, and ye longed that other
than the armed one might be yours. And Allah willed that He should cause the Truth to triumph by His words, and cut
the root of the disbelievers;
8. That He might cause the Truth to triumph and bring vanity to naught, however much the guilty might oppose;
9. When ye sought help of your Lord and He answered you (saying): I will help you with a thousand of the angels, rank
10. Allah appointed it only as good tidings, and that your hearts thereby might be at rest. Victory cometh only by the
help of Allah. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise.
11. When he made the slumber fall upon you as a reassurance from Him and sent down water from the sky upon you,
that thereby He might purify you, and remove from you the fear of Satan, and make strong your hearts and firm (your)
12. When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying:) I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear
into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger.
13. That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo!
Allah is severe in punishment.
14. That (is the award), so taste it, and (know) that for disbelievers is the torment of the Fire.
15. O ye who believe, When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them.
16. Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless manoeuvring for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath
incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end.
17. Ye (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but
Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair test from Him. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower.
18. That (is the case); and (know) that Allah (it is) who maketh weak the plan of disbelievers.
19. (O Qureysh!) If ye sought a judgment, now hath the judgment come unto you. And if ye cease (from persecuting
the believers) it will be better for you, but if ye return (to the attack) We also shall return. And your host will avail you
naught, however numerous it be, and (know) that Allah is with the believers (in His guidance).
20. O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak).
21. Be not as those who say, We hear, and they hear not.
22. Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the deaf, the dumb, who have no sense.
23. Had Allah Known of any good in them He would have made them hear, but had He made them hear they would have
turned away, averse.
24. O ye who believe; Obey Allah, and the messenger when He calleth you to that which quickeneth you, and know that
Allah cometh in between the man and his own heart, and that He it is unto Whom ye will be gathered.
25. And guard yourselves against a chastisement which cannot fall exclusively on those of you who are wrong doers,
and know that Allah is severe in punishment.
26. And remember, when ye were few and reckoned feeble in the land, and were in fear lest men should extirpate you,
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:26 am|| |
how He gave you refuge, and strengthened you with His help, and made provision of good things for you, that haply ye
might be thankful.
27. O ye who believe! Betray not Allah and His messenger, nor knowingly betray your trusts.
28. And know that your possessions and your children are a test, and that with Allah is immense reward.
29. O ye who believe! If ye keep your duty to Allah, He will give you discrimination (between right and wrong) and will
rid you of your evil thoughts and deeds, and will forgive you. Allah is of infinite bounty.
30. And when those who disbelieve plot against thee (O Muhammad) to wound thee fatally, or to kill thee or to drive
thee forth; they plot, but Allah (also) plotteth; and Allah is the best of plotters.
31. And when Our revelations are recited unto them they say: We have heard. If we wish we can speak the like of this.
Lo! this is naught but fables of the men of old.
32. And when they said: O Allah! If this be indeed the truth from Thee, then rain down stones on us or bring on us some
33. But Allah would not punish them while thou wast with them, nor will He punish them while they seek forgiveness.
34. What (plea) have they that Allah should not punish them, when they debar (His servants) from the Inviolable Place
of Worship, though they are not its fitting guardians. Its fitting guardians are those only who keep their duty to Allah.
But most of them know not.
35. And their worship at the (holy) House is naught but whistling and hand clapping. Therefore (it is said unto them):
Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve.
36. Lo! those who disbelieve spend their wealth in order that they may debar (men) from the way of Allah. They will
spend it, then it will become an anguish for them, then they will be conquered. And those who disbelieve will be
gathered unto hell,
37. That Allah may separate the wicked from the good. The wicked will He place piece upon piece, and heap them all
together, and consign them unto hell. Such verily are the losers.
38. Tell those who disbelieve that if they cease (from persecution of believers) that which is past will be forgiven them;
but if they return (thereto) then the example of the men of old hath already gone (before them, for a warning).
39. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer
of what they do.
40. And if they turn away, then know that Allah is your Befriender, a transcendent Patron, a transcendent Helper!
41. And know that whatever ye take as spoils of war, lo! a fifth thereof is for Allah, and for the messenger and for the
kinsmen (who hath need) and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer; if ye believe in Allah and that which We revealed
unto Our slave on the Day of Discrimination, the day when the two armies met. And Allah is Able to do all things.
42. When ye were on the near bank (of the valley) and they were on the yonder bank, and the caravan was below you
(on the coast plain). And had ye trysted to meet one another ye surely would have failed to keep the tryst, but (it
happened, as it did, without the forethought of either of you) that Allah might conclude a thing that must be done; that
he who perished (on that day) might perish by a clear proof (of His sovereignty) and he who survived might survive by
a clear proof (of His sovereignty). Lo! Allah in truth is Hearer, Knower.
43. When Allah showed them unto thee (O Muhammad) in thy dream as few in number, and if He had shown them to
thee as many, ye (Muslims) would have faltered and would have quarrelled over the affair. But Allah saved (you). Lo!
He knoweth what is in the breasts (of men).
44. And when He made you (Muslims), when ye met (them), see them with your eyes as few, and lessened you in their
eyes, (it was) that Allah might conclude a thing that must be done. Unto Allah all things are brought back.
45. O ye who believe! When ye meet an army, hold firm and think of Allah much, that ye may be successful.
46. And obey Allah and His messenger, and dispute not one with another lest ye falter and your strength depart from
you; but be steadfast! Lo! Allah is with the steadfast.
47. Be not as those who came forth from their dwellings boastfully and to be seen of men, and debar (men) from the
way of Allah, while Allah is surrounding all they do.
48. And when Satan made their deeds seem fair to them and said: No one of mankind can conquer you this day, for I
am your protector. But when the armies came in sight of one another, he took Sight, saying: Lo! I am guiltless of you.
Lo! I see that which ye see not. Lo! I fear Allah. And Allah is severe in punishment.
49. When the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease said: Their religion hath deluded these. Whoso putteth
his trust in Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise.
50. If thou couldst see how the anguish receive those who disbelieve, smiting their faces and their backs and (saying):
Taste the punishment of burning!
51. This is for that which your own hands have sent before (to the Judgment), and (know) that Allah is not a tyrant to
52. (Their way is) as the way of Pharaoh's folk and those before them ; they disbelieved the revelations of Allah, and
Allah took them in their sins. Lo! Allah is Strong, severe in punishment.
53. That is because Allah never changeth the grace He hath bestowed on any people until they first change that which
is in their hearts, and (that is) because Allah is Hearer, Knower.
54. (Their way is) as the way of Pharaoh's folk and those before them; they denied the revelations of their Lord, so We
destroyed them in their sins. And We drowned the folk of Pharaoh. All were evil doers.
55. Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe;
56. Those of them with whom thou madest a treaty, and, then at every opportunity they break their treaty, and they keep
not duty (to Allah).
57. If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they
58. And if thou fearest treachery from any folk, then throw back to them (their treaty) fairly. Lo! Allah loveth not the
59. And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's purpose). Lo! they cannot escape.
60. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy
of Allah and your enemy, and others beside them whom ye know not. Allah knoweth them. Whatsoever ye spend in the
way of Allah it will be repaid to you in full, and ye will not be wronged.
61. And if they incline to peace, incline thou also to it, and trust in Allah. Lo! He is the Hearer, the Knower.
62. And if they would deceive thee, then lo! Allah is sufficient for thee. He it is Who supporteth thee with His help
and with the believers,
63. And (as for the believers) hath attuned their hearts. If thou hadst spent all that is in the earth thou couldst not have
attuned their hearts, but Allah hath attuned them. Lo! He is Mighty, Wise.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:27 am|| |
64. O Prophet! Allah is sufficient for thee and those who follow thee of the believers.
65. O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there be of you twenty steadfast they shall overcome two hundred, and
if there be of you a hundred steadfast they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they (the
disbelievers) are a folk without intelligence.
66. Now. hath Allah lightened your burden, for He knoweth that there is weakness in you. So if there be of you a
steadfast hundred they shall overcome two hundred, and if there be of you a thousand (steadfast) they shall overcome
two thousand by permission of Allah. Allah is with the steadfast.
67. It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world
and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
68. Had it not been for an ordinance of Allah which had gone before, an awful doom had come upon you on account
of what ye took.
69. Now enjoy what ye have won, as lawful and good, and keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
70. O Prophet, Say unto those captives who are in your hands: If Allah knoweth any good in your hearts He will give
you better than that which hath been taken from you, and will forgive you. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
71. And if they would betray thee, they betrayed Allah before, and He gave (thee) power over them. Allah is knower,
72. Lo! those who believed and left their homes and strove with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah, and
those who took them in and helped them; these are protecting friends one of another. And those who believed but did
not leave their homes, ye have no duty to protect them till they leave their homes; but if they seek help from you in
the matter of religion then it is your duty to help (them) except against a folk between whom and you there is a treaty.
Allah is Seer of what ye do.
73. And those who disbelieve are protectors one of another If ye do not so, there will be confusion in the land, and
74. Those who believed and left their homes and strove for the cause of Allah, and those who took them in and helped
them these are the believers in truth. For them is pardon, and a bountiful provision.
75. And those who afterwards believed and left their homes and strove along with you, they are of you; and those who
are akin are nearer one to another in the ordinance of Allah. Lo! Allah is Knower of all things.
Surah 9. At-Tauba
1. Freedom from obligation (is proclaimed) from Allah and His messenger toward those of the idolaters with whom
ye made a treaty:
2. Travel freely in the land four months, and know that ye cannot escape Allah and that Allah will confound the
disbelievers (in His guidance).
3. And a proclamation from Allah and His messenger to all men on the day of the Greater Pilgrimage that Allah is free
from obligation to the idolaters, and (so is) His messenger. So, if ye repent, it will be better for you; but if ye are
averse, then know that ye cannot escape Allah. Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve.
4. Excepting those of the idolaters with whom ye (Muslims) have a treaty, and who have since abated nothing of your
right nor have supported anyone against you. (As for these), fulfill their treaty to them till their term. Lo! Allah loveth
those who keep their duty (unto Him).
5. Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and
besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor due, then
leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
6. And if anyone of the idolaters seeketh thy protection (O Muhammad) , then protect him so that he may hear the word
of Allah; and afterward convey him to his place of safety. That is because they are a folk who know not.
7. How can there be a treaty with Allah and with His messenger for the idolaters save those with whom ye made a treaty
at the Inviolable Place of Worship? So long as they are true to you, be true to them. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep
8. How (can there be any treaty for the others) when, if they have the upper hand of you, they regard not pact nor honour
in respect of you? They satisfy you with their mouths the while their hearts refuse. And most of them are wrong doers.
9. They have purchased with the revelations of Allah a little gain, so they debar (men) from His way. Lo! evil is that
which they are wont to do.
10. And they observe toward a believer neither pact nor honour. These are they who are transgressors.
11. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail
Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.
12. And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the
heads of disbelief Lo! they have no binding oaths in order that they may desist.
13. Will ye not fight a folk who broke their solemn pledges, and purposed to drive out the messenger and did attack
you first? What! Fear ye them? Now Allah hath more right that ye should fear Him, if ye are believers.
14. Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them, and
He will heal the breasts of folk who are believers.
15. And He will remove the anger of their hearts. Allah relenteth toward whom He will. Allah is Knower, Wise.
16. Or deemed ye that ye would be left (in peace) when Allah yet knoweth not those of you who strive, choosing for
familiar none save Allah and His messenger and the believers? Allah is Informed of what ye do.
17. It is not for the idolaters to tend Allah's sanctuaries, bearing witness against themselves of disbelief. As for such,
their works are vain and in the Fire they will abide.
18. He only shall tend Allah's sanctuaries who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and observeth proper worship and
payeth the poor due and feareth none save Allah. For such (only) is it possible that they can be of the rightly guided.
19. Count ye the slaking of a pilgrim's thirst and tendance of the Inviolable Place of Worship as (equal to the worth
of him) who believeth in Allah and the Last Day, and striveth in the way of Allah? They are not equal in the sight of
Allah. Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
20. Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way are of much
greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they who are triumphant.
21. Their Lord giveth them good tidings of mercy from Him, and acceptance, and Gardens where enduring pleasure
will be theirs;
22. There they will abide for ever. Lo! with Allah there is immense reward.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:27 am|| |
23. O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather
than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong doers.
24. Say: If your fathers, and your sons, and your brethren, and your wives, and your tribe, and the wealth ye have
acquired, and merchandise for which ye fear that there will be no sale, and dwellings ye desire are dearer to you than
Allah and His messenger and striving in His way: then wait till Allah bringeth His command to pass. Allah guideth not
wrong doing folk.
25. Allah hath given you victory on many fields and on the day of Huneyn, when ye exulted in your multitude but it
availed you naught, and the earth, vast as it is, was straitened for you; then ye turned back in flight;
26. Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon His messenger and upon the believers, and sent down hosts
ye could not see, and punished those who disbelieved. Such is the reward of disbelievers.
27. Then afterward Allah will relent toward whom He will; for Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
28. O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after
this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will.
Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.
29. Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid
not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the religion of truth, until they pay the tribute
readily, being brought low.
30. And the Jews say:. Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their
saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (himself) fighteth against
them. How perverse are they!
31. They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were
bidden to worship only One God. There is no god save Him. Be He glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto
32. Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect
His light, however much the disbelievers are averse.
33. He it is who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail
over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.
34. O ye, who believe! Lo! many of the (Jewish) rabbis and the (Christian) monks devour the wealth of mankind
wantonly and debar (men) from the way of Allah. They who hoard up gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah,
unto them give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom
35. On the day when it will (all) be heated in the fire of hell, and their foreheads and their flanks and their backs will
be branded therewith (and it will be said unto them): Here is that which ye hoarded for yourselves. Now taste of what
ye used to hoard.
36. Lo! the number of the months with Allah is twelve months by Allah's ordinance in the day that He created the
heavens and the earth. Four of them are sacred: that is the right religion. So wrong not yourselves in them. And wage
war on all the idolaters as they are waging war on all of you. And know that Allah is with those who keep their duty
37. Postponement (of a sacred month) is only an excess of disbelief whereby those who disbelieve are misled, they
allow it one year and forbid it (another) year, that they may make up the number of the months which Allah hath
hallowed, so that they allow that which Allah hath forbidden. The evil of their deeds is made fair-seeming unto them.
Allah guideth not the disbelieving folk.
38. O ye who believe! What aileth you that when it is said unto you: Go forth in the way of Allah, ye are bowed down
to the ground with heaviness. Take ye pleasure in the life of the world rather than in the Hereafter? The comfort of the
life of the world is but little in the Hereafter.
39. If ye go not forth He will afflict you with a painful doom, and will choose instead of you a folk other then you Ye
cannot harm Him at all. Allah is Able to do all things
40. If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they
two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His peace of
reassurance to descend upon him and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who
disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
41. Go forth, light armed and heavy armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best
for you if ye but knew.
42. Had it been a near adventure and an easy journey they had followed thee, but the distance seemed too far for them.
Yet will they swear by Allah (saying): If we had been able we would surely have set out with you. They destroy their
souls, and Allah knoweth that they verily are liars.
43. Allah forgive thee (O Muhammad)! Wherefore didst thou grant them leave ere those who told the truth were
manifest to thee and thou didst know the liars?
44. Those who believe in Allah and the Last Day ask no leave of thee lest they should strive with their wealth and their
lives. Allah is Aware of those who keep their duty (unto Him).
45. They alone ask leave of thee who believe not in Allah and the Last Day, and whose hearts feel doubt, so in their
doubt they waver. .
46. And if they had wished to go forth they would assuredly have made ready some equipment, but Allah was averse
to their being sent forth and held them back and (it was said unto them ) : Sit ye with the sedentary!
47. Had they gone forth among you they had added to you naught save trouble and had hurried to and fro among you,
seeking to cause sedition among you; and among you there are some who would have listened to them. Allah Is Aware
48. Aforetime they sought to cause sedition and raised difficulties for thee till the Truth came and the decree of Allah
was made manifest, though they were loth.
49. Of them is he who saith: Grant me leave (to stay at home) and tempt me not. Surely it is into temptation that they
(thus) have fallen. Lo! hell is all around the disbelievers.
50. If good befalleth thee (O Muhammad) it afflicteth them, and if calamity befalleth thee, they say: We took
precaution, and they turn away well pleased.
51. Say: Naught befalleth us save that which Allah hath decreed for us. He is our protecting Friend. In Allah let
believers put their trust!
52. Say: Can ye await for us aught save one of two good things (death or victory in Allah's way )? while we await for
you that Allah will afflict you with a doom from Him or at our hands. Await then! Lo! we are awaiting with you.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:28 am|| |
53. Say: Pay (your contribution), willingly or unwillingly, it will not be accepted from you. Lo! ye were ever froward
54. And naught preventeth that their contributions should be accepted from them save that they have disbelieved in
Allah and in His messenger, and they come not to worship save as idlers, and pay not (their contribution) save
55. So let not their riches nor their children please thee (O Muhammad). Allah thereby intendeth but to punish them
in the life of the world and that their souls shall pass away while they are disbelievers
56. And they swear by Allah that they are in truth of you, when they are not of you, but they are folk who are afraid.
57. Had they but found a refuge, or caverns, or a place to enter, they surely had resorted thither swift as runaways.
58. And of them is he who defameth thee in the matter of the alms. If they are given thereof they are content, and if
they are not given thereof, behold! they are enraged.
59. (How much more seemly) had they been content with that which Allah and His messenger had given them and had
said : Allah sufficeth us. Allah will give us of His bounty, and (also) His messenger. Unto Allah we are suppliants.
60. The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be
reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors, and for the cause of Allah, and (for) the wayfarers; a duty imposed
by Allah. Allah is knower, Wise.
61. And of them are those who vex the Prophet and say: He is only a hearer. Say : A hearer of good for you, who
believeth in Allah and is true to the believers, and a mercy for such of you as believe. Those who vex the messenger
of Allah, for them there is a painful doom.
62. They swear by Allah to you (Muslims) to please you, but Allah, with His messenger, hath more right that they
should please Him if they are believers.
63. Know they not that whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, his portion verily is hell, to abide therein? That is
the extreme abasement.
64. The hypocrites fear lest a surah should be revealed concerning them, proclaiming what is in their hearts. Say: Scoff
(your fill)! Lo! Allah is disclosing what ye fear.
65. And if thou ask them (O Muhammad) they will say: We did but talk and jest. Say: was it at Allah and His revelations
and His Messenger that ye did scoff?
66. Make no excuse. Ye have disbelieved after your (confession of) belief. If We forgive a party of you, a party of you
We shall punish because they have been guilty.
67. The hypocrites, both men and women, proceed one from another. They enjoin the wrong, and they forbid the right,
and they withhold their hands (from spending for the cause of Allah). They forget Allah, so He hath forgotten them.
Lo! the hypocrites, they are the transgressors.
68. Allah promiseth the hypocrites, both men and women, and the disbelievers fire of hell for their abode. It will
suffice them. Allah curseth them, and theirs is lasting torment.
69. Even as those before you were mightier than you in strength, and more affluent than you in wealth and children.
They enjoyed their lot awhile, so ye enjoy your lot awhile even as those before you did enjoy their lot awhile. And ye
prate even as they prated. Such are they whose works have perished in the world and the Hereafter. Such are they who
are the losers.
70. Hath not the fame of those before them reached them the folk of Noah, Aad, Thamud, the folk of Abraham, the
dwellers of Midian and the disasters (which befell them)? Their messengers (from Allah) came unto them with proofs
(of Allah's sovereignty). So Allah surely wronged them not, but they did wrong themselves.
71. And the believers, men and women, are protecting friends one of another; they enjoin the right and forbid the
wrong, and they establish worship and they pay the poor-due, and they obey Allah and His messenger. As for these,
Allah will have mercy on them. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise.
72. Allah promiseth to the believers, men and women, Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide
blessed dwellings in Gardens of Eden. And greater (far)! acceptance from Allah. That is the supreme triumph.
73. O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites ! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a
hapless journey's end.
74. They swear by Allah that they said nothing (wrong), yet they did say the word of disbelief, and did disbelieve after
their Surrender (to Allah) . And they purposed that which they could not attain, and they sought revenge only that Allah
by His messenger should enrich them of His bounty. If they repent it will be better for them; and if they turn away,
Allah will afflict them with a painful doom in the world and the Hereafter, and they have no protecting friend nor helper
in the earth
75. And of them is he who made a covenant with Allah (saying): If He give us of His bounty We will give alms and
become of the righteous.
76. Yet when He. gave them of His bounty, they boarded it and turned away, averse;
77. So He hath made the consequence (to be) hypocrisy in their hearts until the day when they shall meet Him, because
they broke their word to Allah that they promised Him, and because they lied.
78. Know they not that Allah knoweth both their secret and the thought that they confide, and that Allah is the Knower
of Things Hidden?
79. Those who point at such of the believers as give the alms willingly and such as can find naught to give but their
endeavours, and deride them Allah (Himself) derideth them. Theirs will be a painful doom.
80. Ask forgiveness for them (O Muhammad), or ask not forgiveness for them; though thou ask forgiveness for them
seventy times Allah will not forgive them. That is because they disbelieved in Allah and His messenger, and Allah
guideth not wrongdoing folk.
81. Those who were left behind rejoiced at sitting still behind the messenger of Allah, and were averse to striving with
their wealth and their lives in Allah's way. And they said: Go not forth in the heat! Say: The heat of hell is more intense
of heat, if they but understood.
82. Then let them laugh a little: they will weep much, as the award of what they used to earn.
83. If Allah bring thee back (from the campaign) unto a party of them and they ask of thee leave to go out (to fight),
then say unto them: Ye shall never more go out with me nor fight with me against a foe. Ye were content with sitting
still the first time. So sit still, with the useless.
84. And never (O Muhammad) pray for one of them who dieth, nor stand by his grave. Lo! they disbelieved in Allah and
His messenger, and they died while they were evil-doers.
85. Let not their wealth nor their children please thee! Allah purposeth only to punish them thereby in the world, and
that their souls shall pass away while they are disbelievers.
86. And when a surah is revealed (which saith ) : Believe in Allah and strive along with His messenger, the men of
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:29 am|| |
wealth among them still ask leave of thee and say : Suffer us to be with those who sit (at home).
87. They are content that they should be with the useless and their hearts are sealed, so that they apprehend not.
88. But the messenger and those who believe with him strive with their wealth and their lives. Such are they for whom
are the good things. Such are they who are the successful.
89. Allah hath made ready for them Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide. That is the supreme
90. And those among the wandering Arabs who had an excuse came in order that permission might be granted them.
And those who lied to Allah and His messenger sat at home. A painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.
91. Not unto the weak nor unto the sick nor unto those who can find naught to spend is any fault (to be imputed though
they stay at home) if they are true to Allah and His messenger. Not unto the good is there any road (of blame). Allah
is Forgiving, Merciful.
92. Nor unto those whom, when they came to thee (asking) that thou shouldst mount them, thou didst tell: I cannot find
whereon to mount you. They turned back with eyes flowing with tears, for sorrow that they could not find the means
93. The road (of blame) is only against those who ask for leave of thee (to stay at home) when they are rich. They are
content to be with the useless. Allah hath sealed their hearts so that they know not.
94. They will make excuse to you (Muslims) when ye return unto them. Say: Make no excuse, for we shall not believe
you. Allah hath told us tidings of you. Allah and His messenger will see your conduct, and then ye will be brought back
unto Him Who knoweth the invisible as well as the visible, and He will tell you what ye used to do.
95. They will swear by Allah unto you, when ye return unto them, that ye may let them be. Let them be, for lo! they are
unclean, and their abode is hell as the reward for what they used to earn.
96. They swear unto you, that ye may accept them. Though ye accept them, Allah verily accepteth not wrongdoing folk.
97. The wandering Arabs are more hard in disbelief and hypocrisy, and more likely to be ignorant of the limits which
Allah hath revealed unto His messenger. And Allah is knower, Wise.
98. And of the wandering Arabs there is he who taketh that which he expendeth (for the cause of Allah ), as a loss, and
awaiteth (evil) turns of fortune for you (that he may be rid of it) . The evil turn of fortune will be theirs. Allah is Nearer,
99. And of the wandering Arabs there is he who believeth in Allah and the Last day, and taketh that which he expandeth
and also the prayers of the messenger as acceptable offering for in the sight of Allah. Lo! verily it is an acceptable
offering for them. Allah will bring them into His mercy. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
100. And the first to lead the way, of the Muha'jirin and the Ansar, and those who followed them in goodness Allah is
well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him and He hath made ready for them Gardens underneath which
rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the supreme triumph.
101. And among those around you of the wandering Arabs there are hypocrites, and among the townspeople of
Al-Mad'inah ( there are some who) persist in hypocrisy whom thou (O Muhammad) knowest not. We, We know them,
and We shall chastise them twice; then they will be relegated to a painful doom.
102. And (there are) others who have acknowledged their faults. They mixed a righteous action with another that was
bad. It may be that Allah will relent toward them. Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful.
103. Take alms of their wealth, wherewith thou mayst purify them and mayst make them grow, and pray for them. Lo!
thy prayer is an assuagement for them. Allah is Nearer, Knower.
104. Know they not that Allah is He Who accepteth repentance from His bondmen and taketh the alms, and that Allah
is He Who is the Relenting, the Merciful.
105. And say (unto them): Act! Allah will behold your actions, and (so will) His messenger and the believers, and ye
will be brought back to the Knower of the invisible and the visible, and He will tell you what ye used to do.
106. And (there are) others who await Allah's decree, whether He will punish them or will forgive them. Allah is
107. And as for those who chose a place of worship out of opposition and disbelief, and in order to cause dissent
among the believers, and as an outpost for those who warred against Allah and His messenger aforetime, they will
surely swear : We purposed naught save good. Allah beareth witness that they verily are liars.
108. Never stand (to pray) there. A place of worship which was founded upon duty (to Allah) from the first day is more
worthy that thou shouldst stand (to pray) therein, wherein are men who love to purify themselves. Allah loveth the
109. Is he who founded his building upon duty to Allah and His good pleasure better; or he who founded his building
on the brink of a crumbling, overhanging precipice so that it toppled with him into the fire of hell? Allah guideth not
110. The building which they built will never cease to be a misgiving in their hearts unless their hearts be torn to
pieces. Allah is Knower, Wise.
111. Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs they shall
fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel
and the Qur’an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that
is the supreme triumph.
112. (Triumphant) are those who turn repentant (to Allah), those who serve (Him), those who praise (Him), those who
fast, these who bow down, those who fall prostrate (in worship), those who enjoin the right and who forbid the wrong
and those who keep the limits (ordained) of Allah And give glad tidings to believers!
113. It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be
near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of hell fire.
114. The prayer of Abraham for the forgiveness of his father was only because of a promise he had promised him, but
when it had become clear unto him that he (his father) was an enemy to Allah he (Abraham) disowned him. Lo! Abraham
was soft of heart, lone suffering.
115. It was never Allah's (part) that he should send a folk astray after He had guided them until He had made clear unto
them what they should avoid. Lo! Allah is Aware of all things.
116. Lo! Allah! Unto Him belongeth the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He quickeneth and He giveth death.
And ye have, instead of Allah, no protecting friend nor helper.
117. Allah hath turned in mercy to the Prophet, and to the Muhajirin and the Ansar who followed him in the hour of
hardship. After the hearts of a party of them had almost swerved aside, then turned He unto them in mercy. Lo! He is
Full of Pity, Merciful for them.
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 am|| |
118. And to the three also (did He turn in mercy) who were left behind: when the earth, vast as it is, was straitened for
them, and their own souls were straitened for them till they bethought them that there is no refuge from Allah save
toward Him. Then turned He unto them in mercy that they (too) might turn (repentant unto Him). Lo! Allah! He is the
Relenting, the Merciful.
119. O ye who believe! Be careful of your duty to Allah, and be with the truthful.
120. It is not for the townsfolk of Al-Madinah and for those there is none who can repel His bounty. He striketh with
it whom He will of his bondmen. He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. around them of the wandering Arabs to stay behind
the messenger of Allah and prefer their lives to his life. That is because neither thirst nor toil nor hunger afflicteth
them in the way of Allah, nor step they any step that angereth the disbelievers, nor gain they from the enemy a gain,
but a good deed is recorded for them therefor. Allah loseth not the wages of the good.
121. Nor spend they any spending, small or great, nor do they cross a valley, but it is recorded for them, that Allah may
repay them the best of what they used to do.
122. And the believers should not all go out to fight. Of every troop of them, a party only should go forth, that they
(who are left behind) may gain sound knowledge in religion, and that they may warn their folk when they return to them,
so that they may beware.
123. O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and
know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).
124. And whenever a surah is revealed there are some of them who say: Which one of you hath thus increased in faith?
As for those who believe, it hath increased them in faith and they rejoice (therefor).
125. But as for those in whose hearts is disease, it only addeth wickedness to their wickedness, and they die while they
126. See they not that they are tested once or twice in every year? Still they turn not in repentance, neither pay they
127. And whenever a surah is revealed, they look one at another (as who should say) : Doth anybody see you? Then they
turn away. Allah turneth away their hearts because they are a folk who understand not.
128. There hath come unto you a messenger, (one) of yourselves, unto whom aught that ye are overburdened is
grievous, full of concern for you, for the believers full of pity, merciful.
129. Now, if they turn away (O Muhammad) say: Allah sufficeth me. There is no God save Him. In Him have I put my
trust, and He is Lord of the Tremendous Throne.
Surah 10. Yunus
1. Alif. Lam. Ra. These are verses of the wise Scripture.
2. Is it a wonder for mankind that We have inspired a man among them, saying : Warn mankind and bring unto those
who believe the good tidings that they have a sure footing with their Lord? The disbelievers say : Lo! this is a mere
3. Lo! your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then He established Himself upon the
Throne, directing all things. There is no intercessor (with Him) save after His permission. That is Allah, your Lord,
so worship Him. Oh, will ye not remind?
4. Unto Him is the return of all of you; it is a promise of Allah in truth. Lo! He produceth creation, then reproduceth
it, that He may reward those who believe and do good works with equity; while, as for those who disbelieve, theirs will
be a boiling drink and painful doom because they disbelieved.
5. He it is who appointed the sun a splendour and the moon a light, and measured for her stages, that ye might know
the number of the years, and the reckoning. Allah created not (all) that save in truth. He detaileth the revelations for
people who have knowledge.
6. Lo! in the difference of day and night and all that Allah hath created in the heavens and the earth are portents, verily,
for folk who ward off (evil).
7. Lo! those who expect not the meeting with Us but desire the life of the world and feel secure therein, and those who
are neglectful of Our revelations,
8. Their home will be the Fire because of what they used to earn.
9. Lo! those who believe and do good works, their Lord guideth them by their faith. Rivers will flow beneath them in
the Gardens of Delight,
10. Their prayer therein will be: Glory be to Thee, O Allah! and their greeting therein will be : Peace. And the
conclusion of their prayer will be : Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!
11. If Allah were to hasten on for men the ill (that they have earned ) as they would hasten on the good, their respite
would already have expired. But We suffer those who look not for the meeting with Us to wander blindly on in their
12. And if misfortune touch a man he crieth unto Us, (while reclining) on his side, or sitting or standing, but when We
have relieved him of the misfortune he goeth his way as though he had not cried unto Us because of a misfortune that
afflicted him. Thus is what they do made (seeming) fair unto the prodigal.
13. We destroyed the generations before you when they did wrong; and their messengers (from Allah) came unto them
with clear proofs (of His Sovereignty) but they would not believe. Thus do We reward the guilty folk:
14. Then We appointed you viceroys in the earth after them, that We might see how ye behave.
15. And when Our clear revelations are recited unto them they who look not for the meeting with Us say: Bring a
Lecture other than this, or change it. Say (O Muhammad): It is not for me to change it of my own accord. I only follow
that which is inspired in me. Lo! If I disobey my Lord I fear the retribution of an awful Day.
16. Say: If Allah had so willed I should not have recited it to you nor would He have made it known to you. I dwelt
among you a whole lifetime before it (came to me). Have ye then no sense?
17. Who doeth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah and denieth His revelations? Lo! the guilty
never are successful.
18. They worship beside Allah that which neither hurteth them nor profiteth them, and they say: These are our
intercessors with Allah. Say: Would ye inform Allah of (something) that He knoweth not in the heavens or in the earth?
Praised be He and high exalted above all that ye associate (with Him)!
19. Mankind were but one community; then they differed; and had it not been for a word that had already gone forth
from thy Lord it had been judged between them in respect of that wherein they differ.
20. And they will say: If only a portent were sent down upon him from his Lord! Then say (O Muhammad): The Unseen
|Subject: Re: Qur’an in english Today at 12:43 am|| |